Looking for a Jalapeno Cornbread recipe

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As the title states, I am looking for a Jalapeno Cornbread recipe. I know I could wing it but thought a tried and true winner might be out there already. What is your favorite jalapeno cornbread recipe? Thanks!

I prefer to buy the boxed cornbread, mix to the directions, and add jalapenos and cheese. Always bake in a cast iron, but I warm it first on the stove.

I use the recipe found in about.com for mexican corn bread but I don't like cream corn and substitute whole kernal corn. The small can is only about 6oz and some time I don't use all of that I add till it looks right to me. Also I leave out the cheese untill the cornbread is light brown then lightly sprinkle some cheese mix. Finally, I use only a dedicated Iron skillet. To this I add a tablespoon of bacon grease and place it in the oven while the oven come to temp. 350* then follow the rest of the directions. Use the toothpick test for doneness.

I use the recipe found in about.com for mexican corn bread but I don't like cream corn and substitute whole kernal corn. The small can is only about 6oz and some time I don't use all of that I add till it looks right to me. Also I leave out the cheese untill the cornbread is light brown then lightly sprinkle some cheese mix. Finally, I use only a dedicated Iron skillet. To this I add a tablespoon of bacon grease and place it in the oven while the oven come to temp. 350* then follow the rest of the directions. Use the toothpick test for doneness.

Same here. I can make a meal out of this.

Have you tried Guerry's recipe?

Two cups cornmeal.
One chopped jalapeno.
Twenty Five pounds of sugar.
Enough eggs to make it "goopy".

Have you tried Guerry's recipe?

Two cups cornmeal.
One chopped jalapeno.
Twenty Five pounds of sugar.
Enough eggs to make it "goopy".

Yep, we all know how Guerry loves SWEET Ccornbread. :biggrin1:

+1 on the Mexican cornbread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back