• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

On my way to Texas!

You guys are just great. I am sure I will gain a few pounds, and will post a trip report.
I am bringing a soft sided cooler just in case briskets are a good deal at HEB. Ill pack a few and check them on the plane ride home.

You guys are just great. I am sure I will gain a few pounds, and will post a trip report.
I am bringing a soft sided cooler just in case briskets are a good deal at HEB. Ill pack a few and check them on the plane ride home.

Dont forget to take pictures!

Some of these joints, esp. the meat markets, have really good jerky and sausage you can buy.

Just got back from my 1st ever trip to Texas. Stayed in San Antonio, went to a place there called 'The Big Bib'. I had the brisket plate which was excellent. The wife had the baby back rib plate. I thought the ribs were very good. Wifey said mine were better. :) Beans and collards were excellent sides. This place is in a run down strip center and if I hadn't read good reviews on it I probably never would have gone in. Don't let the looks fool you. Give it a try.

On the way to Austin we made a side trip to Lockhart for lunch at Smitty's. The Q was good but the experience was even better. Everyone should go here at least once in their life.

I'm from Texas, but tried Hard a Eight for the first time today.... The brisket was really good (one of the best I've had) and the pepper sauce was the best they had to offer. Nice touch having bacon wrapped chicken and shrimp as well. One close to DFW airport for out of town folks.

Back