stickin chicken

schmitty28

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
remove my skin from thighs to scrape for fat to get bite through skin but how do you put it back on and keep it on without it coming off during tasting have used toothpicks to secure it during cooking but still comes off and sometimes shrinks I do not season under the skin or have marinade there either as this would cause it to pull off as well any suggestions have heard of some kind of moo glue or something like that some sort of enzyme any suggestions

Meat Glue.
But one way is to leave the skin attached on one side, then scrape the fat off.

Do you leave the bone in or take it out?

I take mine out and then cut down the chicken so that it is small enough for the skin to wrap all the way around it. The weight of the chicken sitting on top of the skin keeps it in place and as it cooks. One the chicken is done the skin shrinks up causing it to stay in place when biting it. Think shrink wrap as far as the skin in concerned.

-Eric

Please dont put meat glue on chicken. If you trim the thigh down and have a big enough skin it should wrap around the top just right. Just keep practicing with the trimming and shape of the meat.

Leave the skins large enough, and trim down the thighs enough so the skin wraps around and touches itself. During the cooking process the skin will cook together and "fuse".

remove my skin from thighs to scrape for fat to get bite through skin but how do you put it back on and keep it on without it coming off during tasting have used toothpicks to secure it during cooking but still comes off and sometimes shrinks I do not season under the skin or have marinade there either as this would cause it to pull off as well any suggestions have heard of some kind of moo glue or something like that some sort of enzyme any suggestions

This is probably the longest runon sentence I have ever seen.

while not absolutely necessary, meat glue is a guarantee. if it's OK for IQUE(per the book)it's OK with me.

it's completely undetectable.

I use MooGloo from modernist pantry. It doesn't take a ton of it, but you need to make sure you get all the fat from the skin, because the enzyme won't adhere fat to meat - just meat to meat. Use it in a shaker, and use it sparingly - a little goes a long way, and it's a surefire method of bite through skin.

Honestly, I feel there's a lot of overcomplication that people put on chicken.

We don't debone, we don't scrape, we don't glue. We just trim neatly and cook good, consistent chicken with a nice flavor on it.

I think that there are so many variations of temperature and process that you just have to find what works best with your pit to produce that end result. We've had a number of wildly different processes over the years for chicken, and all of them work -- you just use the one that works best with your pit and your schedule, that produces a consistent result for you.

Back