Last Weakends Cook with PrOn

Ponty56

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did a cook from last friday night into Saturday for a family Birthday Party, Two pork shoulders, one with peppered cow and cherry and the other with sweet and spicy from simply marvelous. I also did a Porcheta for a comp practice item but it still needs some work.

Attachments

• IMG_20130518_124332_830.jpg
    IMG_20130518_124332_830.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 228
Thank you all, the pulled pork turned out Great but i need to work on my porcheta. Getting the temp up to 4-500 is gonna be my goal for the last hour hour and a half, to get that ever so coveted cracklen. My pit is a cheep offset so it can be allot of work but i have tuned it and know its habits well. Some day that nice cooker with be in the cards.

If I served shoulder that colour my wife would ask which Greek God was I honouring with the burnt offering. Photos often don't reflect the true colour.
Some bark!!!!
John

My shoulders always come out with a bark like that, but in no way shape or form tast burnt, even the bark. Is it dark like that because i cook it at 225-250 for 12 hours ?

Looks delicious to me!
I just skinned a 14lb pork belly today...... cracklin' coming up.

My shoulders always come out with a bark like that, but in no way shape or form tast burnt, even the bark. Is it dark like that because i cook it at 225-250 for 12 hours ?

I prefer mahogany not black!!!
But as they say "all tastes differ said the old lady as she licked the cow's behind"
John

Back