• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Cooker

handz98

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I took delivery of my new smoker from Peoria Custom Cookers Friday night. I took some pictures before I fired it up to season it Saturday morning and thought I would share with you guys/gals.

The cooking chamber is 24" x 48" all of 1/4" steel. There is a fixed baffle at the firebox opening and tuning plate in the bottom of the cooking chamber as well. The top shelf is easily removable. The firebox is constructed out of two layers of 1/4" steel sandwiching ceramic insulation. The stacks are stainless steel and can be rotated out of the wind and can be removed for easier storage in the garage.

Peoria Custom Cookers is a top notch operation. The owner, Bill Cusack, has worked with me every step of the way to get me exactly what I wanted and built this cooker from the ground up. He went so far as to deliver it to me personally as he was going to be passing by Champaign on Friday. It was a pleasure working with them.

Initial impressions from the seasoning: The quality and attention to detail in the construction is terrific. The door is well balanced and seals well. The insulted firebox is incredibly efficient. This is huge step up from my Chargriller. It takes a while, in comparison, to get up to temp, but once it did it was a rock. It takes an incredibly small fire to keep the temp up and will require a lot less baby sitting than the Chargriller. Temperature difference end to end and top to bottom is about 10 to 12 degrees and the built in thermometer is spot on.

If you can’t tell, I really excited about my new cooker, thanks for looking.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Cliff J.

Looks like a darn nice pit. I like the D rings, they make it easyer to use a crane to get it on the top floor of a construction site to cater lunch. Is the firebox insulated?

Now that's how you weld! Damn! I want to go buy some more steel (thick stuff) and start zapp'n it together! I really love those stacks. seen them before on other stuff but those are still shinny!

Get'er dirty or drive it to meet me! (sure would look nice on the back of my Avalanche!)

I agree, they didn't skimp on rod and the guy burning the stick
knew what he was doing. I wish I coud do that.

Damn nice looking Smoker it is. I can see why you are excited!

Weiser

That's a great looking setup. Are you planning to user it for catering or competitions, or just backyard Q?

Thanks for all of the kind words. no plans for catering or comps, just an avid backyard Q'er for family and friends.

very impressive! would you care to share the MSRP on that bad boy, or is that too personal? LOL :icon_shy

Awesome!

I want to get one of those if/when I grow up!

How much of what you wanted did you know going in? Put another way, did you have some preconceived notions that the builder talked you out of or into modifying?

How long start to finish did the build take?

I look forward to seeing some pics of your cooks on that bad boy!

She is a great looking rig!

When I was looking for the Mistress, I looked very closely at Peoria... They are a good group that stands behind the product. The only way you could have done better was to buy a Lang... But I may be biased... lol

Back