Which do you prefer, butter or margarine?

i'm about to ruffle some feathers. margarine. it's all my mom bought growing up. and when you pick the olive-oil based versions(Smart-Balance..etc)...it's healthier than butter, which is important since i'm trying to lose weight and get back into shape. I've eaten real butter in the past when eating out, but tbh, not sure I've ever purchased any for home use.

flame away!

Actually Smart balance is really good! I started using it when my cholesterol was high, not butter but I liked it. Were back to butter now but the wife still makes garlic butter out of it and everybody loves it

I make My own Butter but is don't grace my BBQ EVER. I will use a little herb & roasted garlic compound butter on a steak but that is grilling a whole different thing.

LOL, you all disappoint me. Cold smoked butter! OMG it's the only butter there is! I just ran out but luckily it's cooler outside i can get some more done very soon...probably this weekend. Will do a thread on it.

If you put margarine outside on a nice summer day and let nature "have at it" for a day or two.....

Guess what.

Mother Nature won't touch it because it's fake and the body can't process anything worthwhile from it, but she'll eat all the butter you got!

if it don't say butter you will not find it in my house

I haven't used margarine in over 10 years. I should, but I don't. It can't touch butter in taste.

Butter or Margarine?
Hmmm...

Between the two, I reckon prefer bacon grease.
Awrighten.

I use butter sticks, and make whipped butter with some Olive Oil and butter sticks.
My mom uses margarine, and always has. I got an empty tub of margarine from her so that I could put the whipped butter in there. Ohhh the looks on people's faces when they try it. Always makes me chuckle.

I hate them both. People will drink skim milk and then butter their bread. WTF? :roll:

I hate them both. People will drink skim milk and then butter their bread. WTF? :roll:
It's all about picking where you want the fat and calories...at least for me. I'll sacrifice on a few things so I can have the real deal on others.

My Kitchenaid mixer and a quart of sweet cream provides me with about a lb of butter and enough buttermilk left over to bake two loaves of fresh sourdough bread. Hey, got to have something to put the butter on!!! mmmmmmmm goooooooood

Back