• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Real Q or NOT ??

rgrizzle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Is this real Q or faux Q? Let the debate begin.....

Attachments

• real.jpg
    real.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 384
It looks yummy regardless of what you call it. Good luck! :decision:

That is grilling BBQ takes place in the compartment below wood chips go in a pan under the bottom rack & you might want to disconnect the smoke alarm too:becky:

They were really good. put some a couple of these I put my own bbq sauce on and the others I put Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet on them. Just so everyone knows the smoke alarms did not go off.

Not Q. I've always equated Q with something primal. Ya know, fire, coals, smoke. Just because it has grill marks,it doesn't make it BBQ marks. IMO

Looks delicious, but not BBQ. BBQ is the result of the action of bbqing, that being usually under 300+- degrees using wood smoke in an oven-like chamber (usually called a smoker; sometimes called a pit). I had a wonderful extremely thick (almost 3 fingers deep) ribeye, medium rare this weekend. Wasn't BBQ.

Looks delicious, but not BBQ. BBQ is the result of the action of bbqing, that being usually under 300+- degrees using wood smoke in an oven-like chamber (usually called a smoker; sometimes called a pit). I had a wonderful extremely thick (almost 3 fingers deep) ribeye, medium rare this weekend. Wasn't BBQ.

If the griddle was under 300* - on that premise; that might be close to a be a debatable point.
Did you preheat the house to 250, too?

If the griddle was heated to the point of searing meat - that's another direction. Tasty looking, too! :thumb:

It doesn't matter what the consensus is, you either enjoyed it or you didn't.
The rest is gossip and noise.
:yo:

Back