• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

pork ribs tonight!

barney jr

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
a friend gave me a new meththod to try in a pan with a beer covered with Ted &Barney's bake for 2 1/2 hrs on 325.then on the bbq with bbq sauce to crisp'em up and wow they were awesome thought i would share.
2012-11-25_15-36-49_205.jpg

all done
2012-11-25_18-23-48_819.jpg

I am interested to know if you thought the ribs took on much smoke taste? I can see you got no smoke ring, but that isn't a result of smoke.

not much smoke flavor it needed longer on the q but still pretty tasty.

Hey you guys play nice! So he tried a different method. We all do. Not everything has to be smoked.I often grill ribs just for that reason. My wife isn't a smoke fan but likes ribs once in a while. I do mine direct heat for 2 minutes per side then indirect for about forty to forty five. Perfectly tender and juicy with no smoke.

Hey you guys play nice! So he tried a different method. We all do. Not everything has to be smoked.I often grill ribs just for that reason. My wife isn't a smoke fan but likes ribs once in a while. I do mine direct heat for 2 minutes per side then indirect for about forty to forty five. Perfectly tender and juicy with no smoke.

I say get a rope! LOL, just kidding, but I'm sure there is a crockpot forum out there that may be full of people who think their way is the best way.

you guys crack me up but as i said at the top it was a method i got from a friend not the usual way i make ribs.do you have the crockpot forum name sounds awesome:biggrin1:

Those look great. I assume from your description that you just used one beer, so the ribs are not covered, just a thin layer of liquid on the bottom that the ribs are on top of. Sounds like you could do the whole thing in the smoker. What sauce did you use? They almost look unsauced.

Back