KCBS Board Agenda Question 11/14/12

Leatherheadiowa

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I had requested to call into the KCBS BOD meeting this Wednesday evening (11/14/12) and when I went to look the agenda over I saw an agenda item that intrigued me and wondered if anyone had a clue as to what the deal is. http://kcbs.us/news.php?id=562
Here is the item: "Discussion of unethical practice of board members concerning the upcoming election"
The item is listed in the executive session portion so if I have my request to call in approved I won't be able to hear that discussion anyway. Right?

I had requested to call into the KCBS BOD meeting this Wednesday evening (11/14/12) and when I went to look the agenda over I saw an agenda item that intrigued me and wondered if anyone had a clue as to what the deal is. http://kcbs.us/news.php?id=562
Here is the item: "Discussion of unethical practice of board members concerning the upcoming election"
The item is listed in the executive session portion so if I have my request to call in approved I won't be able to hear that discussion anyway. Right?

Correct

You know what Ray. I think it's so trivial in the bigger scheme of things I'll put it out there. Someone feels the following policy was broken by a couple of BOD members.

[FONT=&quot]It is therefore resolved, that Members of the Board of Directors may on an individual basis, comment or recommend a candidate for election, but shall not publicly make an endorsement, nor serve on a committee for the election of a candidate.

[/FONT]
We'll spend a half hour talking about it. They'll say they're sorry and that will probably be the end of it. Of course I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Guilty, my offense was wearing a candidate's button for a couple of hours at the Jack on Friday and a fellow board member took umbrage after the fact and brought this action.

How dare you do that publicly! We all know you're supposed to work in the back office for your favorites but never actually let the members know who you think would be a good board member. What sense would that make :) I commend you both for putting up with all the nonsense.

Guilty, my offense was wearing a candidate's button for a couple of hours at the Jack on Friday and a fellow board member took umbrage after the fact and brought this action.

You're kidding right??:shock: Give me a farking break. Now there has to be a executive session meeting on this??

There are other things to discuss (hide) in Executive Session too.

Executive Session:

O Discussion regarding recommendation from Finance Committee

O Review and discussion of a potential KCBS contract with a media outlet.

O One rep-related issue.

O Discussion of the awards to be given out at banquet.

There are other things to discuss (hide) in Executive Session too.

Executive Session:

O Discussion regarding recommendation from Finance Committee

O Review and discussion of a potential KCBS contract with a media outlet.

O One rep-related issue.

O Discussion of the awards to be given out at banquet.

#1 and #2 are contractual -- can't be discussed in open session

#3 and #4 we're naming names -- can't be discussed in open session

It's Missouri law that drives this.

***I LIKE MIKE***...oh wait...I'm not a BOD member...lol!

For the sake of a full disclosure... Not sure if and or why I cant post this. For some reason KCBS does not want to puff out their chest. But they also give out Grants to 501c(3) foundations. My foundation has been a recipient of their generosity. As a lifetime member of KCBS, I appreciate the support. So they do support others.

Cancer Sucks!

Back