Roll Call. Inside 30 days. BBQ Championship & Hog Wild Festival Mobile, AL

Heath Hall

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just a few weeks until the BBQ Championship & Hog Wild Festival in Mobile, AL. We are making our first trip down to cook in Alabama. Who all is cooking this comp? Looking forward to meeting a lot of new teams and seeing some old friends!

I want to soooo bad, but Hammond and Slidell are gonna tap my resources pretty good. Not to mention I'm about to buy a new Fatboy.

But who knows...I may still talk myself into it.

Welcome to Mobile folks. Our Haulin' Butt BBQ team will be at Hog Wild, hoping to keep the money in Mobile. LOL. Stop by and say Hi.

Kathy & I will be there Thursday. Wouldn't want to miss the dinner Thursday night.

What's this "dinner" you speak of? We'll be down on Thursday night too, but it'll probably be late and we were planning on going to the hotel and not actually being at the comp til Friday. It's our first time to this one so we're not familiar.

What's this "dinner" you speak of? We'll be down on Thursday night too, but it'll probably be late and we were planning on going to the hotel and not actually being at the comp til Friday. It's our first time to this one so we're not familiar.

They do a "seafood spectacular" dinner Thursday night. It is quite a spread.

It was a huge spread of gulf coast seafood - shrimp, fish, etc. I haven't made the dinner the last couple of years, but it would be well worth going if you make it in time.

Hey for those of you that know this contest.

Is it safe to wait until the last week to sign up? Or does it fill up?

I have not known of it to fill up in the past, but this year there are hardly any contests on the same weekend to compete for teams, so I expect a large turnout. And by the way, Mobile will spoil you for space as all cooking spaces are 30 x 70 with water, sewer and 30 amp service.

I have not known of it to fill up in the past, but this year there are hardly any contests on the same weekend to compete for teams, so I expect a large turnout. And by the way, Mobile will spoil you for space as all cooking spaces are 30 x 70 with water, sewer and 30 amp service.

Oh wow! I won't know what to do with all that room!

They r doing a car show in sted of the swine and dine diner. Carl told my there was only 27 pro teams signed up so far. And pitmasters r going to be there

Back