• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

World Food Championships

Any tips on a really good meat supplier for ribs and butts ?

John Mull's Meats It's about 30-40 minutes from the Strip, but it's a legit butcher, and they'll trim everything to order.

Other options include Larry's Western Meats. Closer to the Strip, but I like Mull's better. Then you have the usual Restaurant Depot, Sam's, Costco, etc.

Have any of the contests results been posted? If so, where can we find them?

not bbq they elected to not have a mini awards which would have been cool to see where you stood. I got a tough gig here pit beotching for Scott of Pig Skin. A really fun time!

Kicking myself for having to drop out of this one. Sort of like that event in Mexico a few years back. Seems work keeps getting in the way of my hobby....

The website for the event is stating Butcher's BBQ as the winner of the BBQ competition. Way to go.

I've heard that Jesse Johnson of the Big Johnson's BBQ Team from Ogden Utah and a managing member of the Utah BBQ Association took second in pork. Those of us in the Utah BBQ Association are very happy to hear that!

We got 7th place in the side dish category. We'll take it! At least we're going home with some money...if you don't count the airfare, food, ingredients, and booze.

What was fun? Judging? Cooking was a grind with the format. Did you judge one day or both?

Judged both days of BBQ and first round on Sandwich
Judges from all over the country

We went, we saw, we saw crazy results... but nonetheless had a great time! Great to meet you guys! I hope you got a chance to come by the pit and catch some of the Saturday tailgate action!

As always it was great finally meeting fellow Brethren face to face that was worth the trip in itself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back