• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Judging Class in New Holland this Friday

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anybody else going?

Hey, now that I think about it, this might just be my first intentional post in the comp section. I heard this is where all the real cooks hang out. :-D

Might not be anybody here, but the class is usually full!

Word of caution: Do not think like I did and eat all that is placed in front of you!!! By the end we got to the brisket, I could not eat anything!

If you have time, stick around for their auction; usually some decent stuff, and a lot of it!

wallace

they have 120 people in the class.

Wow that's more than I was expecting.

Get there early! You will want a good seat!

wallace

Thanks for the advice Wallace. I'll try and pace myself with the eating.

I'm assuming I'll want to take a notebook with me. I figure I'd either be the dork with a notebook or the dipchit without one.

Wow that's more than I was expecting.

Thanks for the advice Wallace. I'll try and pace myself with the eating.

I'm assuming I'll want to take a notebook with me. I figure I'd either be the dork with a notebook or the dipchit without one.

You will get a KCBS booklet that has all the rules and stuff in it. There is a place in the back to record the comps you have attended/judged and for the reps to sign it for each comp.

I think there are some blank pages in there as well for note taking.

As was with me, I asked a bunch of questions. Now, 4 years later, my questions are pretty much second nature.

As for the eating, I made the mistake and skipped breakfast thinking, heck, what could be better then to eat Q for breakfast. My mistake......

Also, the Meadow Creek store is just around the corner. Check them out too as they have some good stuff in there. Very good cooking wood and good prices. No chunks. :cry:

But, a good place to get Royal Oak Chefs Blend charcoal.

wallace

First judge's class of the year for me, went up and cut meat / built boxes. I was surprised to see they've cut the number of sample boxes of each meat from 3 to 2.

Back