• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ordering a new pit/which options?

Why do you think you need a 1/2 box Reno? I could swear we went through this a few years ago with your Gator Pit.

1/4 box and tuning plates. 1/2 box in not need in our area.

Zilla, congrats on your win at the SA cookoff. Outstanding man!! I never ordered the pit. Got layed off and was unemployed for almost two years. Im now back on my feet, and I wanted a Gator but, just cant afford what I want. I ordered the pit already and theyre gonna start building it on the 20th. I have until then to decide if I want the half inch.

I'd go with the firebox upgrade. Are you ordering the trailer unit? Can you give me a ballpark on JJ's price for that unit? I emailed them but didn't hear back.

Nah, This is a backyard pit. I want to be able to walk a cow in this sucker. :biggrin1:

defiantly firebox.... plates can come later if u want it, but for backyard cooking, which can more often require different temps, i like the heat zones of and untuned offset.

Tuning plates are so easy to make. You can get some 3/16" or 1/4" x 4"x 36" flat stock at lowes. What are they charging for the plates? I would go with the firebox option, you'll have better heat control and save on fuel in the short run really.

Back