• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tyson's Best Wing on the Planet

SCSmoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Have any of you other teams that got 1st in the Tyson's heard anything from them? They were supposed to announce the finalists on the their Facebook page on Friday but of course they didn't. Thanks

I got a call from MMA last week requesting my recipe. She said she needed it in a hurry because Tyson was going to start making them this week. I assume we should hear something shortly. I will email them and ask for some details.

Cheers,
Nate

I just talked to Casey @ MMA. She said it is going to take the Tyson test kitchen awhile to make all 31 recipes. But the kitchen will narrow them down to 8 recipes. They will alert the 8 recipe owners at that time. Once they have 8 recipes there will be an internal online voting process. She also said there were some talks about rolling out the recipe around Superbowl time with a bunch of advertising.

Good luck,
Nate

I thought Troy said the recipes were exchanged for checks after each Sam's Club contest??

Meaning no recipe = no check....

Yes, that's what he said, but that only applies for 1st place. We placed 2nd at the local and we got an email saying the the check would be sent out in a couple of weeks. They only want the 1st place recepies.

I thought Troy said the recipes were exchanged for checks after each Sam's Club contest??

Meaning no recipe = no check....

That is the way it was at the Dallas contest.

But in St. Charles they didn't give me a check at the contest. It was mailed to me. And I got an email requesting the recipe.

I guess things changed during the season. Who knows.

Yes, that's what he said, but that only applies for 1st place. We placed 2nd at the local and we got an email saying the the check would be sent out in a couple of weeks. They only want the 1st place recepies.

Ron, I'll take your chicken recipe, im tired of you beating be all year, lol!!

I emailed it after receiving the check, but that was in March. Plus Troy knows where i live and he would get me... I sent them a partial recipe and then they said that was good enough. So that tells me i am screwed no matter what!!!!! ;)

we had to give up the recipe befor they would mail us a check, ive been stalking the tyson FB page but still no word

Quick update, received this email...

congrats to David Marks of Wilbers Revenge!!!!

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Afternoon Tyson Teams,

I have a few updates for you.

Tyson wrapped up the Best Wing on the Planet competitions at the World Food Championship (WFC) in Las Vegas November 2nd and 3rd. We held a People's Choice showdown between the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour Regional and National wing champions. Attendees voted on their favorite using poker chips and ballot boxes. We'd like to congratulate Wilbur’s Revenge on winning the People's Choice showdown and those bragging rights in Vegas. The WFC Tyson People’s Choice activation was used to introduce the competition to average consumers and promote the online voting for the final Best Wing on the Planet winner that will begin in January on the Club Tyson Facebook page.

Tyson test kitchens are currently recreating all (31) 1st place recipes received during the 2012 Tyson Best Wing on the Planet Contest. The top 8 will be selected and put on Club Tyson facebook for Live Voting in January. I will send out another email when Live Voting has begun! The winner will be announced on Club Tyson February 3rd during the 1/2 time of Superbowl.

Please email me if you have any questions about this.

Thank you,
Casey

[/FONT]

Got it too. So much for their original timeline. Looks like we have to keep our fingers crossed until after the Holidays.....

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]We'd like to congratulate Wilbur’s Revenge on winning the People's Choice showdown and those bragging rights in Vegas.[/FONT]

Congrats to Wilbur's Revenge. We have cooked near them a few times, nice bunch.

Back