Chickenfried Canadian Bacon

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I used some of my cold smoked bacon...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53606
This is one of my favorite ways to cook it. :)

I slice the CB, dredge it in flour then dip in an egg/milk bath and back into the flour.

080-3-1.jpg

083-3-1.jpg

Then chicken fry the bacon....

092-3-2.jpg

Make some fried hashbrowns and eggs...

095-2.jpg

089-3.jpg

Then make a pan gravy with the chicken fry drippings... and toast some english muffins...

097-4-1.jpg

I placed my chickenfried bacon on the toasted muffin, topped with an egg and poured pan gravy over it.

102-4-1.jpg

109-1-1.jpg

111-1.jpg

The bacon is crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside... it's one of my favorites!

115-2.jpg

Thanks for checking out my camp food again.

Girl, you are so wrong.I just got back from having bloodwork done( fasting-so nothing to eat since midnite) and now i have to look at this.:biggrin:

Vey nice as usual:-D

Shoot Funvet, I'd whip up a plate for ya! :-D

Phubar, --------------! lol :-D

Smokey, thank you! :wink:

Girl!!! All I have to say is:
DROOL
DROOL
DROOL
That looks perfectly delicious!!!

That has got to be a sin it looks way to good to be moral!!!

I've got a couple of comments:
1) I have GOT to try that - (Chicken Fried Canadian)BLT's
2)Those are three of the most beautiful CI pans I've seen in a while. They show a lot of love and care went in, and they give it back with every morsel.
3) What are all you health food people crying about - she had fresh fruit on the side!

Thanks for the post,
-scott

Your killing me over here that is some good looking chow...

Jeanie,
You know, I was thinking that Central Illinois has some GREAT camping spots. I think you need to visit!

Damn!!! Every time I see one of your post's, I say now that is the best,, and every time, you beat the last one,, they just keep getting better..

:eek: Jeanie you never cease to amaze ....... I'm just typeless :rolleyes:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

there's that darn fruit again! ;) Looks awesome Jeanie! I'll have to consider cold smoking my next canadian bacon in lieu of hot smoking it. Can you slice and freeze it doing it your way? how many hours did you smoke it?

Wow, that is a great looking breakfast. So that orange stuff is fruit?

Thanks everybody!!
Scott, thanks about my cast iron. I really love the stuff... it's about all I use. :)

Chambers, I've never been to Illinois, I would love to camp there sometime. :-D

Mike, you can slice and freeze this bacon, I freeze it in small hunks that I know I can use up.. kind of like small roasts.
I cold smoked this batch at 65 degrees for 17 hours. I do not smoke to reach an internal temperature as in cooking... I smoke for flavor. Also the longer and colder you smoke, the better. (hope that makes sense!)

landarc...I gotta have fruit too! I love the stuff. :biggrin:

Thanks again folks! You're a kind group!:cool:

Back