Y'all want to share you Chris Lilly injection mods?

sigpi906

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm cooking for the future father-in-law (he bought the meat) this weekend.

I've used something *similar to the Chris Lily injection posted here. From what I've read most people are using Kosher salt cut down to 1/4c and some say that adding 2Tbs of lemon juice is producing good results.

Anybody else got any tried and true mods you're using that I might consider? Just looking for options, not trade secrets.

LOL at trade secrets. Some people, usually noobs or pseudo-noobs, perceived secrets, but there are no secrets in BBQ.

The average successful competitor injects using a simple combination of apple juice, worchestershire sauce, and some of their rub ground fine enough to be injected. There's usually enough salt in their rub, and no need to water down if you dont add in the extra sugars, so something as simple as this works great.

Thanks Lake Dogs. The "trade secrets" was tongue-in-cheek. I frequent duck hunting forums a lot and posts like this usually get you flamed for "internet scouting".... I was just trying to be humorous about asking for a handout without trying it for myself first.