• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Website to reference for all sanctioning body's?

Boomshakalaka

Reaction score
Hey fellas, is there a specific website that anyone has put together as a place to reference bbq comps in certain states or regions from all sanctioning body's? Instead of having to weed through several websites looking for competitions to enter? I am specifically looking for the southeast. Ga, Al, Northern Fl. I just would like to see all my options if that is possible, and not worried what sanctioning body it's under. Thanks a million for your time.

Yeah saw that. That would be fine if those dates weren't from 2008. I've tried google. Can't find a site that is relevant. Just looking for one that may be popular amongst the brethren. There has to be a good one out there...

I haven't found anything. Some state BBQ associations list all events in that state, but that seems to be it.

National BBQ News has listings for most of the sanctioned contests. There is no comprehensive list I'm aware of for the many non-sanctioned events though.

Edit: You might also try the BBQ Times - they are out of middle GA and cover the southern part of the state pretty well.

Last edited:
National BBQ News has listings for most of the sanctioned contests. There is no comprehensive list I'm aware of for the many non-sanctioned events though.

Actually, while the National Barbecue News is probably your best source for finding lots of contests listed across sanctioning bodies in one place, it is by no means all inclusive. Only the sanctioning bodies that submit information to the National Barbecue News are included.
Currently, there are only 15 of the more than 60 barbecue organizations in the USA that submit contest information to the National Barbecue News. They also provide non-sanctioned contest information that they are aware of, but again, only what is submitted to them.

The National Barbecue News is a GREAT resource, but not nearly comprehensive. For example, SCBA (South Carolina Barbecue Association) sanctions 36 contests a year, NCPC (North Carolina Pork Council) sanctions 23 contests a year, etc., and they are not listed.

Another site to look at is: http://www.bbq-festivals.com/bbqfestival_directory.html
which lists bbq festivals and competitions by state. Currently, 27 states listed with festivals and competitions. Still NOT comprehensive, but it is another resource.

Thanks for the additional info! I just subscribed to National BBQ News yesterday! One of my main reasons is for wanting this info is that I want to compete out of my 32' class C for now because I do not have a competition bbq trailer, and my cooker is a tow behind. I figure this way I will be able to find competitions that can accommodate my set up, until I can talk the wife into letting be buy a trailer. For now I like the idea of having my kitchen, hot water, and bed handy. But, it limits me a bit....

Thesmokering.com has a contest calendar that covers many sanctioning bodies

Actually, while the National Barbecue News is probably your best source for finding lots of contests listed across sanctioning bodies in one place, it is by no means all inclusive. Only the sanctioning bodies that submit information to the National Barbecue News are included.
Currently, there are only 15 of the more than 60 barbecue organizations in the USA that submit contest information to the National Barbecue News. They also provide non-sanctioned contest information that they are aware of, but again, only what is submitted to them.

The National Barbecue News is a GREAT resource, but not nearly comprehensive. For example, SCBA (South Carolina Barbecue Association) sanctions 36 contests a year, NCPC (North Carolina Pork Council) sanctions 23 contests a year, etc., and they are not listed.

Another site to look at is: http://www.bbq-festivals.com/bbqfestival_directory.html
which lists bbq festivals and competitions by state. Currently, 27 states listed with festivals and competitions. Still NOT comprehensive, but it is another resource.

Yeah yeah yeah, but nobody cares about North Carolina...

:)

Back