what is your greatest BBQ accomplishment?

Greatest moment was winning our first competition we ever entered (amature division - Plant City) and getting first place in the "anything butt" category in Lakeland 2009. Jamie Oliver, cooking with Bubba Grills took second.

I have to agree about the community. That is my favorite part and we've been privileged to meet so many good people.

Outside of that, my greatest accomplishment is my brisket. No walks yet but 17th out of 113 at salisbury for our 2nd comp. (Until then, I had spent over 10 years perfecting the all-beef patio brick. Even now practices are 50/50 but competitions always come out great. Even when it is pulled brisket.. It is good to have forgiving judges sometimes :becky:)

Cooking 3 or 4 times for the Marines at 29 Palms in CA desert. One year we cooked 6 Tons of meat, served 23,000 plates. Hot as the Dickens, 113° one year...but to this day, I can still remember the hair on the back of my neck tingling and the sense of Pride in our country I felt when they raised the Flag and you saw those Men & Woman snap to attention, not something I will soon forget!

Not being selected to be on BBQ Pitmasters KY episode where they would have forced me to to do something with a sheep that should only be done in private

Greatest moment for me has to be my first ever competition last year. I had thought about and practiced for years and finally took the plunge. Got 11th place ribs out of 26 teams just to prove to myself I could do it. That led me into all the other comps I did in 2012 and a small shelf full of ribbons and trophies. Not to mention, all the great people I have met on the way!!!

Back