• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Do You Like This Site?????

Newby here- first post. Planning on building a BDS. Not sure I can find all of the parts where I live but have started looking. :)

I haven't been around here long but this so far for me has been the most informative site i have found for smoking. I had posted a pic of my smoker and asked for upgrades and wound up with a ton of invaluable info i haven't been able to find elswhere. Also people here have been quite friendly!!!!
Thanks to all!!!
HarryC

Great site; it would be great if you enabled the search feature for the individual forums.

Great site, however, I finally got my WSM today and am searching for recipes. The recipe link states I must make a few posts in order to view recipes. I completely understand that it is to reduce spammers but I don't have anything to say cuz I haven't even fired her up. I need a recipe for that.lol. Anyhow, I am enjoying this site and am looking forward to trying many of the recipes that members were kind enough to share publicly. Hopefully share one of my own someday! thanks

This site is great. I stumbled on it looking for tips on smoking a boneless leg of lamb. Like other "raw meats", I am looking for recipes and techniques on the best ways to get it done in the hot box.

I'm just excited to make my first post! I need this site in the form of a mobile app so I can get info on the move.

Go all the way to the bottom of the page. On the left hand side there is a drop down box. Change it from default to mobile and you are good to go.

Hey Paul if you got any question two things, 1 Someone here knows the answer 2 it will get you some postings done so you can see recipes. Just think about anything and throw it out there. I too found this when i got my WSM in 2009

Frustrated

I am very frustrated with the log-in bs.

Every time I need to log in I need to req a password. When I get in and go to change the password to something I can remember the site tells me they do not match. Grrrrrr

Newby

Hi all,

I am new to this very informative site but not new to grilling:thumb:

Have been grilling, both directly and indirectly for more years that I can remember.
I am, however, new to the "American" way of BBQ, slow and low heat.
My interest was aroused when I received a book by Paul Kirk as a present.
That was it. I was hooked!
From information gleamed in the UDS smoker thread, I have built me a UDS with Weber lid and a few of the other modifications and this coming weekend the UDS will be fired up for the first time in anger:wink:
It is just a pity I cannot get into the recipe section (too few posts) so I will have to use recipes from other sites.:sad:

Barry.

If you are doing pulled pork, Alton Brown's rub is awesome as a starting point. You can find it using google.

What a great site! I have been cruising for a while and just became a member. Can't wait till I have access to some of the other areas!

BTW, been cooking low and slow for a while (on my gas grill), just recently bought a WSM 22.5 and absolutely love it! A friend of mine and I are actually thinking of entering some local BBQ events just for the experience of it! When I have the authority, I will begin posting some of my "goodies".

I am very frustrated with the log-in bs.

Every time I need to log in I need to req a password. When I get in and go to change the password to something I can remember the site tells me they do not match. Grrrrrr

you need to enable cookies for this site and make sure you click the 'remember me' box.

This site is great! New-B here from the land of the Frozen Chozen trying to expand my repertoire beyond salmon. Happy to purchase the subscription.

I am enjoyung this site. I have been reading for many months, and I just finally bought a GrillMaster Komado-Style. Today was my first test run. I had trouble regulating the temp. Either too high or to low. I am new to all of this.

I am enjoyung this site. I have been reading for many months, and I just finally bought a GrillMaster Komado-Style. Today was my first test run. I had trouble regulating the temp. Either too high or to low. I am new to all of this.

Ditto. I've been on the site for a long time. I always come back. I just got a bbq guru, and I learn more here than anywhere.

Back