Parsley?.......We Don't Need No Stinking Parsley!!!

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
10 Minutes, 1 head of Green Leaf Lettuce.

y4abahet.jpg

I've always used curly leaf green lettuce, way faster, looks scores fine, now it's the pesky taste score.

Nice!

I'm gonna go Pitmaster T/Popdaddy on you though--

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diadZbYpvGk"]Archie Bell & The Drells - "Tighten Up" on Upbeat! (LIve!) - YouTube[/ame]

IMG_3769.jpg

It's still a Parsley contest!

As a judge, it's hard. I don't score on the garnish, but I really hate having to defoliate my piece before I bite into it. The Putting Greens look nice and display the meat well, but the little bits and pieces that stick to everything are annoying. I do take special care not to figure that into my scores though. I promise.

So, I really like this approach. You get the same effect without turning your turn-in into a parsley-covered mess.

So did you just use the ends of the lettuce, or chop the whole thing?

I used the darker green curly ends of the leaves. I rolled them up and used scissors to cut them to the right length so that when they stood up, they were the right height. You have to get several of the little rolls in there before they start standing on their own. I will probably buy 5 heads of lettuce for Hammond next week. 1 head per box, and another to fill in any gaps.

As a judge, it's hard. I don't score on the garnish, but I really hate having to defoliate my piece before I bite into it.

This is really my biggest reason for wanting to switch. I wonder how many taste scores have suffered over the years because of a parsley fragment that stuck to a piece of meat and was not noticed. Also, I know that judges are SUPPOSED to remove any garnish stuck to the meat before sampling, but I am sure that there are those out there that will bite it with parsley stuck to it anyway knowing that its there.

FWIW I threw some ribs in there to see how it would look.

yte3asav.jpg

It was a crappy hurried presentation, but I do not feel that the lettuce was to blame. Simply rib placement.

I used the darker green curly ends of the leaves. I rolled them up and used scissors to cut them to the right length so that when they stood up, they were the right height. You have to get several of the little rolls in there before they start standing on their own. I will probably buy 5 heads of lettuce for Hammond next week. 1 head per box, and another to fill in any gaps.

2yhy2yze.jpg

What I do

Back