• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Amadillo Eggs

Looks good Kevin. That is a good idea to just use ground pork and season it yourself. Gives you more control that way too.

Ground pork gives me ideas. Mista did a good one yesterday. Regular fattie with spinach, onion, garlic and monterey/cheddar mix.

MrsMista said:
Ground pork gives me ideas. Mista did a good one yesterday. Regular fattie with spinach, onion, garlic and monterey/cheddar mix.

Oh, glad to hear you got to taste that, I was worried.:-D
How was the turkey breast, it looked wonderful?

qman said:
Oh, glad to hear you got to taste that, I was worried.:-D
How was the turkey breast, it looked wonderful?

He knew better then to deny my twice in row.

The turkey breast was great. Good flavor, moist, semi-crispy skin. Just all around good eats.

When i made my eggs, i took the roll, cut in half and stuffed with cheeze. Obviously my seal wasnt real good, because as it cooked it opened up where I made the seal. That I should be able to fix.

here is my other problem. I took some jalepenos, and stuffed with cheddar and put in the middle of the fatty. I smoked it for a few hours until they were done. When I sliced them, the meat was done, the cheese was melted, but the jalepeno wasnt cooked at all. It was like biting into a piece of celery. I am used to the pepper being softer like when i make ABT's. any suggestions?

motley que said:
When i made my eggs, i took the roll, cut in half and stuffed with cheeze. Obviously my seal wasnt real good, because as it cooked it opened up where I made the seal. That I should be able to fix.

here is my other problem. I took some jalepenos, and stuffed with cheddar and put in the middle of the fatty. I smoked it for a few hours until they were done. When I sliced them, the meat was done, the cheese was melted, but the jalepeno wasnt cooked at all. It was like biting into a piece of celery. I am used to the pepper being softer like when i make ABT's. any suggestions?

I've never had the crunchy jap as you described, but I don't use whole sausage logs either. The way I make them the sausage layer is about 3/8 inch thick, each jap wrapped individualy. The original armadillo eggs as I first learned from the book "Peace Love and Barbecue" use bratwurst sausages with the casing removed. I just like to mess around with different flavors.

Credit where credit is due: Brother Midnight first brought recipe to my attention.

Back