Pretty Good BBQ 2013 Dayton, Ohio

I would also like to have a little more information on the event. like what we need to bring or purchase such as meat, wood, charcoal, etc. and lodging.

What all does this entail for those wanting to get involved.

Its organized by Curt (Brethren brother cmcadams) who is the onsite co-ordinator. Essentially we collectively converge onsite from several states for a 24 hour church bbq. The meat will have logistics already in place by that time. Many of us independently bring our own burning fuel for an 18 - 24 hour run.

Equipment is entirely an option... but is not required to volunteer and help a worthy cause.

Thanks Bandit, hopefully my schedule will work out so i will be able to come meet some brethren and help out a good cause.

I was talking to the wife about this lastnight. We are planing on coming my birthday is on May 2nd what better way to celebrate my birthday than helping out a good cause.

Sounds like a really great way to celebrate a birthday!

The meat is provided. Fuel and wood is brought by the cooks. Lodging is basically on site watching fires, or there are hotels not far away. It's basically an all-night cook, but tents, etc., can be used. You'll be fed while here.

I'll do a bit more write up this weekend...

Any time after noon. We'll have guys there to help, and also guys throughout the event to lend a hand.

Scott it would be great to see you and the others again...We had some good times in dayton in the past and look forward to seeing you again.

how is the BOOK coming??? we may be able to help with another chapter....

Getting some positive feedback from some of our membership, hopefully we will be able to put a group together to travel down and participate again.

I may be available to help out. Not sure yet, it will depend on work. If so, my cooker will hold about 40 butts or so.

For those how have not been there before go back to start of this post and Bandit put up the threads from the past ones after going through them you will think you been there before.... it is a good cause with some of the best people in BBQ......if you have certian snacks you want to share bring think of going camping and cooking all night to feed the poor and homeless.

If my schedule works out i wont be able to bring a cooker with me but i will be glad to help others man their pits and help out with whatever else is needed.

If my schedule works out i wont be able to bring a cooker with me but i will be glad to help others man their pits and help out with whatever else is needed.
No worries. There will probably be plenty of pits there.
The really good pork gets cooked on 4 of my WSMs, and the 60 feet of Langs that show up cook all the "filler meat".

:biggrin1:

I have a pit that would hold a good amount but we rent it out for hog roast and i think its taken that weekend.

I'm available to help out if ya need me guys.
PM me if you'd like me to bring a smoker or 3.
Sounds like a great year to finally get over there!

LOL I am just there for the deer chili........... Hope to see you Clark...

No worries. There will probably be plenty of pits there.
The really good pork gets cooked on 4 of my WSMs, and the 60 feet of Langs that show up cook all the "filler meat".

:biggrin1:

Per the facebook site I know we will have 2 generators this year. The bandits and my new 6400 john deere. Also Curt is looking into Port-a-johns for nighttime use which will be nice no more watering the weeds by the fence line.
Hoping all that came last year to help come back this year.... had a great crew and all oldtimers ( Mich. ) crew and Clark can make it back this year.

I'll be setting up some conference calls, starting a week from tomorrow (2/28) for those interested in helping, participating, etc, with this year's PGBBQ. More info coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll be setting up some conference calls, starting a week from tomorrow (2/28) for those interested in helping, participating, etc, with this year's PGBBQ. More info coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's February 28, for those who don't know -

Once the number 8 is typed and placed next to closed parentheses does interpret it as a smilie (shorthand).

Back