What's your best CL score?

It's a toss up between:

SS Weber Performer including everything in the photo: $0.00
4e59242e.jpg

400 lb Smokemaster Offset Pit: $200.00

DSCN1037_zpsf0481f21.jpg

Or my latest score - '73 Speckled Weber Smokey Joe: $15.00

DSCN1092_zps1716e229.jpg

Sorry I broke the 1 photo rule. Makes up for all of those who posted no photos.

Last edited:
It's a toss up between:

SS Weber Performer including everything in the photo: $0.00
4e59242e.jpg

400 lb Smokemaster Offset Pit: $200.00

DSCN1037_zpsf0481f21.jpg

Or my latest score - '73 Speckled Weber Smokey Joe: $15.00

DSCN1092_zps1716e229.jpg

Sorry I broke the 1 photo rule. Makes up for all of those who posted no photos.

That Smokemaster is pretty impressive for $200.

Just about every single cooker in my sig is a CL score (and only the Cimmaron came to me new).
Scored WSMs off of CL for anywhere from $20 to $160. OTG for $40, daisy wheel kettle for $20.
You get my drift.

Best has been my vintage Coleman Bullet. Listed on CL 10 minutes from my house for a mere $15. I even handed the guy a $20 and he refused the extra five bucks. He went back into his house and got me CHANGE!! $15 for a great condition unit that is at least 25 years old. She cooks like a champ and has been with me for almost 3 years now. I started my first low and slow cooks on her and I don't think I'll ever get rid of her.

Attachments

• IMG_20121129_093521_293.jpg
    IMG_20121129_093521_293.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 174
Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn

~Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn -probably the oldest Oklahoma Joe I have ever seen
Serial # 4858. 40" long barrel, and 20" long smoke box. 16" diameter...And it is heavy....

Also, picked up on CL the following:

~Oklahoma Joe's Tradition
~Oklahoma Joe's Vertical Roasting Oven

two of the three were delivered to me....

Last edited:
My best score is the 275 gal heating oil tank I just picked up for this year's build project. Delivered to my house and unloaded for $90.

Best has been my vintage Coleman Bullet. Listed on CL 10 minutes from my house for a mere $15. I even handed the guy a $20 and he refused the extra five bucks. He went back into his house and got me CHANGE!! $15 for a great condition unit that is at least 25 years old. She cooks like a champ and has been with me for almost 3 years now. I started my first low and slow cooks on her and I don't think I'll ever get rid of her.

This thing looks awesome!!! Never seen one before, I think I need to find one, haha.

Hard to say...

I got a Weber Silver B gasser with upgraded SS grates and flavorizer bars including tank and cover. The cover didn't fit, but it was all free.

I got a newer Gold B for $40. It was even nicer than the Silver B and had a cover that fit.

I got a nice 22.5 gold kettle with some accessories including a cover for $25.

But the best is not smoker related. I got a Wheel Horse 312-8 garden tractor with mower deck and 42" plow blade for $150. The tractor alone was worth at least twice that easy.

P1000939-PP.JPG

Check early and often thru the day. College towns near end of semester. Springtime when people move alot. Late fall when people are tired of looking at stuff. Search, Weber,BBQ,offset,green egg,komodo,kamodo,smoker,smokers,charcoal,cooker,propane etc etc. And search estate and garage sales for mention of patio grilles

What do you guys use as search terms? I look just about everyday but rarely find anything.

Two of my Weber's were found by searching "charcoal grill" . The word Weber did not exist in the listings. :crazy:

Lucky for me the free Weber Performer was also missing the word "free" and was not listed in the free section of CL. :crazy::crazy:

This thing looks awesome!!! Never seen one before, I think I need to find one, haha.

I've been looking on CL and eBay almost everyday since I got it to try and find another with no luck. The only similar ones I have found are the gas models. They are just as old but look different than mine which is a straight charcoal model. Wasn't ever converted either because there are no holes for burners or anything. The Coleman website does have this product listed under there archives and do have a charcoal only and a gas model but I've been getting the feeling the charcoal only ones are more rare.

Back