Cooking Class 2 Swamp Boys Q Schools Scheduled - FL & UT

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have 2 BBQ classes scheduled at this point for 2014, one in central FL and one in Utah. Each will have a seat donated that will be raffled off with all proceeds going to a TBD charity or group. Details on that soon. Here is the link to more info on BOTH classes:

http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/?p=1346

Class-March-141.jpg

I have been to Clermont FL. many times.Lots of hills and no shortage of gas stations.Just to the north is the home of a large monthly auto swap meet, George Zimmerman and Real Deal Steel in Sanford FL.Non of this matters on a BBQ web site.I will crawl back into the hole that I came out of now.

Lol. Don't forget the winery just a mile or two down the road. Free tours and samples.

Picked up a GC this past weekend taking 1st in chicken, ribs, and brisket. I hate to post my own results but I need the advertisement for the classes and FL rarely gets posted here.

Should mention a hefty goody bag of sponsor's rubs and sauces, t-shirt, and supper are included.

Picked up a GC this past weekend taking 1st in chicken, ribs, and brisket. I hate to post my own results but I need the advertisement for the classes and FL rarely gets posted here.

Should mention a hefty goody bag of sponsor's rubs and sauces, t-shirt, and supper are included.

8th place pork!! Where you even trying last weekend??.............Oh and 3 first places............hmmmmmmm........this is embarrassing for me..........I will leave now :doh::becky:.

That's awesome Rub!! I'd be promoting the hell out of that!!!! Your class was worth every penny.

Swamp Boys Q School is coming up the beginning of March. It will be held in Clermont FL which is convenient to Orland International and Tampa International. Cost is $500 which is typically recouped within a contest or 2 or a catering job or two. One of the few things in BBQ that is considered an investment.

People have been asking about available lodging nearby to the Clermont Q School in March. Here is a quick list I've compiled and the distance away. Some are definitely better than others if you know what I mean.

Palace Hotel & Resorts 20349 U.S. 27, Clermont, FL 0.1 mi W (352) 429-2163
Meridian Hotel & Suites Clermont 20329 U.S. 27, Clermont, FL 0.8 mi W (352) 429-9033
Days Inn and Suites Clermont 20390 U.S. 27, Clermont, FL 1.0 mi W (352) 429-0483
Holiday Inn Express Clermont 1810 S Hwy 27, Clermont, FL 7.0 mi S (352) 243-7878
Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont 2200 E Hwy 50, Clermont, FL 7.6 mi SE (352) 536-6600
Fairfield Inn & Suites Clermont 1750 Hunt Trace Blvd, Clermont, FL 7.1 mi SE (352) 394-6585

You will find a link for the application here:http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/?p=1346

OK so the beneficiary for the Clermont FL Q School class seat is going to be our very own BBQ Brethren! Proud to support all of Phil's efforts he does for us here.

So there will be a total of 21 tickets sold at $25 each via PayPal (one extra ticket to cover PayPal fees). Buy as many as you want. Once we get to 21 sold a winner will be drawn.

If you have already paid for the class but you want to do the drawing, if you win I will refund your class payment.

The only thing your ticket gives you a chance to win is a seat in the class. Everything else is on you. No legal mumbo-jumbo but you get the point. Tickets will be sold online via PayPal, address to be announced as soon as Phil and I get it worked out.

So start making plans to buys some tickets and help support the BBQ Brethren, and a chance to come to a great bbq class at a great rate!

The FL class is sold out with 24 BBQ'rs coming to town, from as far away as MN. Think of it as Spring Break, BBQ Style :cool:

And thanks to everyone who helped raise $1000 for charity. :clap2:

If you missed out on this one start thinking Utah in July!

I want to thank the 25 folks who made the trek to central FL for the class this past weekend. These guys now know everything I do from beginning to end for a contest, as well as flavor profiles. I expect to see great things happening! Remember that just because the class is over doesn't mean the help is over. Email me whenever a question comes up. Thanks again everyone!

photo-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back