• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Firin' Up The Fox, St. Charles, IL - July 11-13, 2014

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's in?

Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there and we'll have coffee on Saturday morning as usual.

I'm also planning on roasting extra coffee and should have bags to sell. If you want to reserve a bag just let me know.

I'm there. Is the new location grass or asphalt?

Would I want to get off at Orchard or 31 and cut over at Moosehesrt? Although Woodman's is by Orchard. Hmmmm

I haven't driven by yet, so I'm not sure of the surface.

I avoid Rt. 31 mainly because the lanes are so narrow. I would get off at Orchard and take that to Randall and then north to Rt. 38 and turn right on Rt. 38 and then left into the site.

Another option would be to get off at Kirk and take that to Rt. 38, but then you go through downtown Geneva, which can be crowded depending on the time of day.

Not sure.

We did this one last year, but we're considering Kenosha and Birch Run.

I didn't know about the new location. Is it not at the mall again this year?

Right now.....the fact that there's a Portillo's across the street has this one at the top of my list! :becky:

....wait....unless the DID move it....:decision:

We have moved to the Shodeen Property at Randall and 38 -

Competitors will be on grass in the footprint of the old mall - main stage, car show, carnival, and such will be on the parking lot.

We've driven the field and it looks good.

While I have indicated Monday was the cut off - I will entertain a few additional teams based on my electric limits, but I'd like to wrap that up by Monday!!!

Let me know if you have any questions... 630-233-4746

Thanks for jumping in to answer questions!

How tight is the space for the competitors? Is it worth dropping our trailer off on Thursday evening if this is an option?

Not sure.

We did this one last year, but we're considering Kenosha and Birch Run.

I didn't know about the new location. Is it not at the mall again this year?

Right now.....the fact that there's a Portillo's across the street has this one at the top of my list! :becky:

....wait....unless the DID move it....:decision:

There is a Portillo's 3.1 miles south on Randall Road, or the one by the other site is 5 miles.

Holy cow - just realized the new location! Glad I didn't show up at charlestowne, lol!

I'll be there to judge Saturday and compete on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

So if I were to swing by the comp what's the protocol for walking up to say hi? I'd hate to bother anyone during a busy time so when's the best time?

So if I were to swing by the comp what's the protocol for walking up to say hi? I'd hate to bother anyone during a busy time so when's the best time?

The best time to come by to visit is Friday evening. Most of us have time to relax and chat. If you come by on Saturday, please don't be offended if we excuse ourselves to get some thing done, and try to avoid 11:30 - 2:00. that's when we're concentrating on our turn ins and will have very little time to chat.

We have moved to the Shodeen Property at Randall and 38 -

Competitors will be on grass in the footprint of the old mall - main stage, car show, carnival, and such will be on the parking lot.

We've driven the field and it looks good.

While I have indicated Monday was the cut off - I will entertain a few additional teams based on my electric limits, but I'd like to wrap that up by Monday!!!

Let me know if you have any questions... 630-233-4746

I just sent an email to ask if we can get one of the 20 x 15 spots for Sunday. Please let me know so I can plan accordingly. Smokin @ Sunrise....

Back