• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Masters in May, Fremont, WI - May 3&4, 2013

im not 100 percent but i was told we could cook at either space (campsite or cabin)but that the campsite is part of the entry whether you use it or not I guess.

Camsite versus cabin site cooking

We reserved 30-40 campsites all together, but realize some teams will take a cabin. You can cook at either site, that is why Jellystone is offering a small discount on cabins, We just ask that you check ahead and make sure outside water and electricity is adequate for you camp. SECOND CITY SMOKE, it would be great to see you at FREMONT in MAY! :clap::clap:

To those teams on the fence about the MASTERS IN MAY, here is a recap as of this morning:

33 teams contacted
4 unable to attend
5 unanswered
6 on the fence
18 confirmed.

If anyone needs any other questions answered I can be reached anytime at

920 410 1897
or
tjschopp@new.rr.com
or
mastersinmay.com

Thank You

Tim Schopp

A "BIG" thanks.

Captain Ron,
I had a password to the brethren for over a year and never used it. I am glad you talked me into using it now as a vehicle for our event. The response from teams has been "FANTASTIC". I just wanted to take the time here to Thank You for all your help in rallying teams for our 1ST ANNUAL MASTERS IN MAY. And, thanks for rallying the ILLINOIS teams, their response has been unbelievable. You truly are a hero to the BBQ CLUB of THE FOX RIVER VALLEY!
:clap2:

Captain Ron,
I had a password to the brethren for over a year and never used it. I am glad you talked me into using it now as a vehicle for our event. The response from teams has been "FANTASTIC". I just wanted to take the time here to Thank You for all your help in rallying teams for our 1ST ANNUAL MASTERS IN MAY. And, thanks for rallying the ILLINOIS teams, their response has been unbelievable. You truly are a hero to the BBQ CLUB of THE FOX RIVER VALLEY!

FireShot+capture+%23035+-+'Embarassed+Yellow+Smiley+Face+Gifs+Images+for+your+profile+and+web+site'+-+bigoo_ws_Images_smiles-gif_Embarassed-Yellow-Smiley-Face-233010_htm.png

Just trying to help :-D We need more competitions in this general area. We're still not sure if we can make it or not, but we should figure that out soon.

...I just wanted to take the time here to Thank You for all your help in rallying teams for our 1ST ANNUAL MASTERS IN MAY. And, thanks for rallying the ILLINOIS teams, their response has been unbelievable. You truly are a hero to the BBQ CLUB of THE FOX RIVER VALLEY!

Look at this everyone. No where in there were we referred to as FIB's. The respect given right there makes me want to sign up. :becky:

Unfortunately, the 1ST ANNUAL MASTERS IN MAY falls on the same weekend as A Pretty Good BBQ in Dayton, OH.

If I am able to do one of those, it's gonna be PGBBQ.

Thanks for letting me know about it though!

No where in there were we referred to as FIB's. The respect given right there makes me want to sign up. :becky:

FIB is by no means derogitory as far as I know.

It stands for "Friendly Illinois Brethren"........ Right??? :caked:

thinking about making the trek over with a couple other MI teams. This event will also count for the GLBBQA Team Of the Year program. Good way to get some early points!

Look at this everyone. No where in there were we referred to as FIB's. The respect given right there makes me want to sign up. :becky:

I have lived in Wi since I was 12 and they still call me a FIB :twitch: But now the FIBS call me a Fickle Cheesehead :wacko: WTF And Captain Ron gives me crap. LOL

Last edited:
Michigan Teams

We would be glad to have you! TIM's FULL BELLI DELI is a member of the GLBBQA also. I talked to SMOKIN' ACES CRAPSHOOT, BBQSUPERSTORE & SWEET RACKS & SMOKIN' BUTTS, and it looks like they will make the "trek" to beautiful Wisconsin for the event. Hope you decide to jump on the bandwagon!

Fibs, cheeseheads & other derogatory names!

No guys there is no place here for Derogatory remarks! It is afterall the "BBQ BRETHREN" . As some of you know TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI" is new to BBQ Competition just finishing it's rookie year in 2012. Before that we did a test comp in Warrens,WI in 2011. Our first actual comp came at Lbertyville,IL in 2011, where we had our 1st ever call, with a 5th in brisket. ILLINOIS has been good to us and we have made many friends. It was at Libertyville,il where we had our best overall with a 4th in 2012. It was also in Illinois where we had our 1st category win with a 1st in ribs at Libertyville in 2012. So, Illinois has been good to us. We have heard grumblings in the past about Wisconsin teams that wouldn't come to Illinois to compete, but we aren't one of them. As of today we know we will be cooking at WESTMONT, MURPHYSBORO & LIBERTYVILLE.

I have lived in Wi since I was 12 and they still call me a FIB :twitch: But now the FIBS call me a Fickle Cheesehead :wacko: WTF And Captain Ron gives me crap. LOL

But that's just because you're so cuddly and lovable! :hug: :-D

It's all in joking fun, there's many teams in Wisconsin that I do enjoy talking to and hanging out with. Coz, Smokin C's, Fat Andy's, Big Daddy's... I've met great people from all over the midwest. That's the good thing about BBQ is being able to just shoot the shhhh with almost anyone.

Back