• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

You get what you pay for +burger pron on the smokey joe

garzanium

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For the TX folks-HEB is running a sale on their house brand wood.not sure if it's local only, but I picked up 3 50lb bags(realistically it's prob. 30lbs) of mesquite for $5 each. I thought it was a good deal.

Picked up some Grill time charcoal thinking it was a deal for $1/7lb bag..lol.. this stuff probably lasted 5 minutes before it turned into ash. I was a bit upset lol.

Mission accomplished though after a lot of stroaking air and more lump coal added.

20130124_165034.jpg

Ash and the burger is raw!!!
20130124_191839.jpg

20130124_200820.jpg

20130124_200812.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Glad you got them done and the end product looks great despite the cruddy charcoal :)

Oh yea! The smokey joe is a burger and sausage Cookin machine! Uses so little coal also. Use mine all the time. Even works good for offset smoking just like the kettles. I love smoking fish on it.

The burge looks soooo gud! How many bas did it take:razz:

sorry, that kinda made me laugh. but yea, they are good cookers but i now use mostly lump in mine. i got a piece of exp metal for the charcoal grate so the lump doesn't fall through, works great.

Great looking plate! The bun is a great looking contrast to the burger in the plate pic and looks delicious.

I just picked up a wsj this week, think ill throw some burgers on it tonight.

The burge looks soooo gud! How many bas did it take:razz:

haha.. would have probably taken 3 bags of the cheap stuff

sorry, that kinda made me laugh. but yea, they are good cookers but i now use mostly lump in mine. i got a piece of exp metal for the charcoal grate so the lump doesn't fall through, works great.

don't worry, i was laughing about it all night. Told the wife the charcoal co. Prob. Uses cardboard or newspaper as as additive haha.
good call. I got a few pieces of grate I can cut out to keep more lump burning on top.

I just picked up a wsj this week, think ill throw some burgers on it tonight.

For its size, it's great. I think I could easily fit 6 standard sized burgers on it
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Love diced onions in my big old burgers. Brings the taste to a new level.

Back