Contest Announcment The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest; Smithville Lake, Missouri 64089; April 12-13, 2013

Mustanger

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
RE:
The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest; Smithville Lake, Missouri 64089; April 12-13, 2013

The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest
April 12th & 13th, 2013

Smith's Fork Campground
1601 County Road DD,
Smithville Lake, Missouri 64089

Only BBQ Contest in greater Kansas City, Missouri on April 12-13, 2013!

Only BBQ Contest in the entire state of Missouri on this weekend!

Only 1 other contest in the entire state of Kansas on this weekend!

Entry fee is just $200.00!

The number of teams is capped at just 48 teams.

When you register, be sure to specify whether you want:

A full service 30-amp site.
A full service 50-amp site.

There is a restroom/shower house on site.

Great Privacy: This contest is at a fabulous location on an absolutely great campground! The organizers have rented the entire campground for this weekend! Therefore, only BBQ people will be there!!!

This contest truly promises to be one of the outstanding events of 2013!

The organizers are truly an inspirational group of individuals, and are guaranteed to treat the cooking teams very well!

Smithville is only 10 miles north of the Kansas City, Missouri city limits.

The main website for this contest is at:
http://www.thebestdambbqcontest.com

Complete contact information for the organizers is at:

The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest at Smithville Lake /Contact Information:
http://www.thebestdambbqcontest.com/contact

A Map & Information about the Smith's Fork Campground is located at:
http://www.smithvillemo.org/pView.aspx?id=1984&catid=25

Sponsored By: Temperance Masonic Lodge No. 438; Smithville, MO 64089

My name is Ken, The Mustanger. I have no connection with this event. Nor do I have any financial interest in this competition. However, I have recently met several of the organizers and and I am very impressed by their enthusiasm and by their great organizational abilities. This contest truly promises to be one of the outstanding events of 2013! I am registered as one of the BBQ judges for this event.

Last edited:
The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest; Smithville Lake, Missouri 64089; April 12-13, 2013 Reply to Thread

we're in!

Artie: A big Welcome Aboard, to you and your team!

It is great to see that a fellow Parkville Brethren will be able to make it to Smithville Lake!

See you on April 12-13!

I am sure that you will walk several times and place very well!

The best of luck!

Take care.

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

Here is who we have in the contest so far:

1. Burnt at Both Endz Calvin Burchett 2. Grillas BBQ Team Cory Booz 3. Flower of the flames Ronna Keck 4. BBEEQ Marvin Atkins 5. Three Brothers Different Mothers Artie Inouye 6. Smoke Me Tender BBQ Gary Bosley 7. Galaxy BBQ Dale French 8. Burnt Finger BBQ Jason 9. Hiram's Bones Roy Orth 10. R Butts R Smokin Randy Robinette 11. True Bud BBQ Tim Grant 12. Big Bad Dad BBQ Darin Cram 13. Gonna Get Messy BBQ Greg Vincent 14. 2 Sons and the Big Guy Greg Koehler 15. Ragin' Ridgely Q Chris Fisher 16. D-Don's Pit Crew Don Buckingham 17. Park Avenue Pork

Another day closer to our annual competition! Please visit our official website (www.the bestdambbqcontest.com) and register for this new competition. We are pumped up about this opportunity and it is shaping up to be a very good contest. Please do not forget about the sauce contest as well. This is not an official part of the competition, but it will make for some great bragging rights and be used at our annual Masonic Families Picnic (plus a little extra cash in the winner's pocket). BIG NOTE: You can also register in person at The Carnivore Store (113 N. US Highway 169 Smithville, MO). Chris Gardner (owner) has all the details and some great meats and accessories. He is also one of our Blue Ribbon Sponsors!

Another day closer to our annual competition! Please visit our official website
( www.thebestdambbqcontest.com ) and register for this new competition. We are pumped up about this opportunity and it is shaping up to be a very good contest. Please do not forget about the sauce contest as well. This is not an official part of the competition, but it will make for some great bragging rights and be used at our annual Masonic Families Picnic (plus a little extra cash in the winner's pocket). BIG NOTE: You can also register in person at The Carnivore Store (113 N. US Highway 169 Smithville, MO). Chris Gardner (owner) has all the details and some great meats and accessories. He is also one of our Blue Ribbon Sponsors!

Tony:

Many thanks for 3 great updates on the Smithville BBQ competition.

We all appreciate it very much.

I am sure that it will be a fantastic contest, and that the Smithville event will be a smashing success!

See you there.

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest; Smithville Lake, Missouri 64089; April 12-13, 2013 Reply to Thread

We are sending in our paperwork for this one this week.

ParkAvenue_2:

A big Welcome Aboard, to you and your team!

I am sure that you will find Smithville Lake to be an absolutely outstanding location for an absolutely outstanding BBQ competition!

It is so rural and beautiful! No big traffic snarl-ups, getting in and out with ease!

Plus an idyllic setting of lots of trees and running water!

WOW!

See you on April 12-13!

May you will walk several times and place very well!

The best of luck!

Take care.

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

The BBQ Committee had a nice meeting last night and things are coming together nicely! We are all super excited and pumped-up about this wonderful opportunity. I think everyone involved will have a great time and, God willing, the weather will be sunshine and more sunshine. We also want to throw out a huge "THANK YOU" to all the teams already committed and all the judges and volunteers who make this come together. This is YOUR contest - we are simply a medium to make it happen. Please do not forget about the Sauce Contest ($10.00/entered sauce - no limit). Winner will take 1/2 of the entry fees collected. We would also like the opportunity to purchase your sauces for our Annual Masonic Families picnic. LET'S GET EXCITED!!!!!!!!

We are inching closer and closer to THAT DAY (April 12th - 13th)! Please do not forget to visit our official website (www.thebestdambbqcontest.com) and check out the teams and judges that are going to make this event wonderful. We also encourage you to pass along the link to potential sponsors or judges.....the more the merrier! Hope to see everyone there and we are praying for a successful weekend.

RE:
The Best "Dam" Barbeque Contest; Smithville Lake, Missouri 64089; April 12-13, 2013

http://www.thebestdambbqcontest.com/

As of today, the Smithville contest has 34 registered teams.

Only 14 team slots are left!

Time is getting short!

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

Confirmed Teams

1. 2 Sons and the Big Guy - John Koehler
2. BBEEQ - Marvin Atkins
3. Big Bad Dad BBQ - Darin Cram
4. Brats & BBQ - Rex Prouse
5. Burnt at Both Endz - Calvin Burchett
6. Burnt Finger BBQ - Jason Day
7. Crazy Bones BBQ Team - Gregg Swardson
8. D-Don's Pit Crew - Don Buckingham
9. Dirt Road BBQ - Ryan Murphy
10. Flower of the flames - Ronna Keck
11. Galaxy BBQ - Dale French
12. Gonna Get Messy BBQ -Greg Vincent
13. Grillas BBQ Team - Cory Booz
14. Hillbilly Sheek - Jason McDowell
15. Hiram's Bones - Roy Orth
16. Hiram's Bones II - Roy Orth
17. Masterque - Greg Johnston
18. Park Avenue Pork - John Richmond
19. Perks BBQ - Stephen Perkins
20. Pork'N Sump'N - Todd Poretta
21. Pull My Pork - Sterling Rowe
22. Ragin' Ridgely Q - Chris Fisher
23. Roll'em & Smoke'em - Mark Wright
24. Shut The Front Door Barbeque - Mike Eccles
25. Smoketacular - Mark Stauss
26. Smokin Guns - Phil Hopkins
27. Smokin Phatty's - Tom Cooper
28. Sticky Icky Smokers BBQ Team - Filiberto DonJuan
29. Three Brothers Different Mothers - Arite Inouye
30. True Bud BBQ - Tim Grant
31. Walking Eagle BBQ - Jeff Keep
32. Worth Smokin BBQ - Tyler McElvain
33. R Butts R Smokin - Randy Robinett
34. Smoke Me Tender - Gary Bosley

Source URL:
http://www.thebestdambbqcontest.com/teams/Teams

WE WILL NOT LET MOTHER NATURE SLOW OUR PROGRESS!! The competition creeps closer and closer. We are now up to 34 teams (only 14 more spots left)....THANK YOU all so much for supporting this event. We also have 41 out of our 48 judges signed up (w/ all the necessary table captains in line). We could not ask for a better community and gathering of Brethren! Be safe outside and the updates will continue to flow.

:clock:Couple more teams called in and dropped their entry fee in the mail today.....the spots are filling-up. Do not miss out on the first annual Best "Dam" BBQ at Smithville Lake." We still have room for judges and sponsors. Follow the link and get all the information and entry forms.

Great news last night. Garland Chapter 287 (Order of the Eastern Star) will be providing drinks and "goodies" at the contest on Saturday. These ladies are a huge part of our Masonic Family and are coming at to make this event even bigger! We also found out that three more teams have signed up and sent in their entry fee......that brings our count to 37! ONLY 11 MORE SPOTS OPEN FOR THIS INAUGURAL EVENT. Let's get this thing filled up....challenge a friend...sponsor another team...start a new team. We are so excited about this event and promise to do our best to make it a spectacular time!!!!!!!

Back