Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually make several trips. Last year i went on my way to work and got 4 packs(checked out thru garden center with 2 packs). Went at lunch-Lowes is 4 miles away-and got 4 more. Went after work and got 4 more.:grin:

I'm on my second bag of Academy "ridge" charcoal briquettes. No complaints at all. They light easy, and seem to have less ash than kf blue. @ $4.99 for 16.6lb bag normal price, I can't wait for the 2 for 1 sale lol.

10197806.jpg

They're now $2.99 per bag at Academy. At least in Houston.

I was at Walmart on Sunday and KBB wasn't on sale as far as I could tell. No sign saying $6.98 at least. That is annoying me right now. Maybe I should check back today.

Same here! :evil:

No sales as of yesterday in our area yet either... I ran out from Last Labor days stockpile and had to get a bag to last till the weekend.... sigh...

Yep, when I went there was no sign saying 6.98/twin pack. In fact is said, 12.99/twinpack. Asked someone and they said it would scan 6.98. Sure enough...

for some reason wal Mart didn't change the prices on the skids, however the blue wrapped 15# doubles will ring up at $6.98

Last edited:
I check out at garden center, lumber and then just go out up front. 12 bags per trip. I may just grab about 6 bundles Thursday and see what they say. Bought 10 20lb bags of Cowboy lump at Lowes yesterday at 9.99 each plus a 10.00 discount card and 5% for using my Lowes card.

My wife was hit with the 2 per customer limit when she visited Lowes on Sunday.

2 per customer limit is BS and have never had any issues at Home Depot. If Lowes in enforcing that I know where I'll be shopping.

If it is two bag limit walk out put them in your car and come back in and make as many trips as you need to.... I have never had a problem at Lowes with limits....

Oh and I used the cowboy this weekend and it performed really well, no complaints at all

Got mine! :mrgreen:
I went to WM and got a pallet (24 packs or 48 bags) of kingsford coal, 2-15lb bags for $6.98.

7f89a6ce-93e3-4c48-ba2e-bc2c715ec643_zpsa6dbaced.jpg

....and what's so interesting about a woman with a pickup load of charcoal? I didn't think I was going to make it home alone!! :shock: :laugh::laugh:

Haven't seen it on sale here yet, but then again I haven't been to a home depot or lowes in like two days?

Got mine! :mrgreen:
I went to WM and got a pallet (24 packs or 48 bags) of kingsford coal, 2-15lb bags for $6.98.

7f89a6ce-93e3-4c48-ba2e-bc2c715ec643_zpsa6dbaced.jpg

....and what's so interesting about a woman with a pickup load of charcoal? I didn't think I was going to make it home alone!! :shock: :laugh::laugh:

It might be worth following a woman with a pickup full of charcoal. :mrgreen::biggrin1:

Maybe the words out on all that good cooking you do. :biggrin1:

I hope you and your loved ones weren't affected by the tornado. That was scary.

Thanks Bob!
Some friends lost their house but were very happy that they were alive and safe. Such a terrible tragedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back