• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Handles for WSM middle

bmonkman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know or could recommend where I could get a couple of handles to attach to the middle section of my WSM 22.5"?

I have been to the Weber site and it looks like the only handles available are lid handles. Since they only use a single screw I'm not sure whether they wold be strong enough.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

I put the Genie garage door handles on mine, can't remember the model number right off but I'm sure someone on here has it. They fit almost perfect with just a minor adjustment with some pliers. They fit on the grate support bolts.

Does anyone know or could recommend where I could get a couple of handles to attach to the middle section of my WSM 22.5"?

I have been to the Weber site and it looks like the only handles available are lid handles. Since they only use a single screw I'm not sure whether they wold be strong enough.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

These are weber two screw handles....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-3619-Lid-Handle/dp/B00023CWRO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354705973&sr=8-4&keywords=weber+grill+handles"]Weber Handles on Amazon[/ame]

I put the Genie garage door handles on mine, can't remember the model number right off but I'm sure someone on here has it. They fit almost perfect with just a minor adjustment with some pliers. They fit on the grate support bolts.

Thanks I will check into that. Hopefully someone will have the model number handy.

Brian

Garage door handles attached with the grate support bolts.

Here's what you do:

Take a ruler or a tape measurer. Measure the distance between the grate support mounting holes center to center. Take the measurement to your nearest HD, Lowes, Menards or Menards and buy garage door handles with the same, or nearly the same, measurement between the mounting holes.

Easy Peasy.

I just made my own out of some flat bar from Home Depot.
Sears Hardware had the exact nuts & bolts that Weber uses on their WSM.

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

"Pappy", nice job and thanks for the pics.
I'm going to try doing the same here to my WSMs.

Bob

Does look good Pappy.

Where could I find a set of those wheels?

IKEA Handle mod is sleek!

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

When paired with Cajun Bandit accessories.

I found the universal garage door handles that I have on my 18" WSM's do not fit the 22" bullet, they require a Stanley or off brand gate handle if you want to secure it to the grate holder fasteners.

Another thing to consider when adding Weber handles to the center section is the covers that come with the WSM's are pretty snug and its a PITA to get it on or off with the handles protruding. Not so much with the IKEA handles.

Last edited:
Home depot sells a black garage door handle. I used on my performer. The colors an exact match. Around $5.00.

How you keep it so clean? Oven cleaner or what?

Back