Hello from Portland OR

Zalick

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hi all -

Just recently joined up here at the suggestion of Mr. Robb Walters. So if you don't like me, blame him. 8)

Being from Portland and having Joe Traeger just a few minutes down south, my family has been using Traegers since the 90s. But never truly smoking. Always just grilling steaks, chickens, turkey and burgers.

About 4 years ago I decided to jump in the smoking game and got a GMG Daniel Boone. I used an amazn tube 100% of the time when I smoked with it. I got the itch to expand and got a Primo XL mostly for pizzas and searing at 1000 degrees. I also have a Traeger circa 1995ish that I keep at a cabin in Idaho. It's a hand-me-down from my step-dad who is no longer around.

I decided to up my game and just got a MAK 2 Star. And WOW, it's amazing. Although I love my GMG, I wanted something a bit more consistent and that would last forever.

My setup:
GMG DB classic w/ Doug Fisher upper rack.
Primo XL - have never smoked with it.
MAK 2 star
1995 Traeger (middle size)

Here are some pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a pic of my Mom's 2002 Traeger
picture.php

Welcome to the Brethren, Todd!! It’s about darn time ya jumped into the water... you’ve only been standing on the deck for 2 years... lol ;)

Didn’t realize you also have a Primo. Very nice cooking arsenal :)

Welcome to the Brethren, Todd!! It’s about darn time ya jumped into the water... you’ve only been standing on the deck for 2 years... lol ;)

Didn’t realize you also have a Primo. Very nice cooking arsenal :)

Thanks Robb! Ive had the Primo for a year and haven't really dug in to the capabilities yet. I might do a side by side by side with the MAK GMG and Primo one of these days. :)

The MAK is beyond what I expected!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Hi all -

Just recently joined up here at the suggestion of Mr. Robb Walters. So if you don't like me, blame him. 8)

Being from Portland and having Joe Traeger just a few minutes down south, my family has been using Traegers since the 90s. But never truly smoking. Always just grilling steaks, chickens, turkey and burgers.

About 4 years ago I decided to jump in the smoking game and got a GMG Daniel Boone. I used an amazn tube 100% of the time when I smoked with it. I got the itch to expand and got a Primo XL mostly for pizzas and searing at 1000 degrees. I also have a Traeger circa 1995ish that I keep at a cabin in Idaho. It's a hand-me-down from my step-dad who is no longer around.

I decided to up my game and just got a MAK 2 Star. And WOW, it's amazing. Although I love my GMG, I wanted something a bit more consistent and that would last forever.

My setup:
GMG DB classic w/ Doug Fisher upper rack.
Primo XL - have never smoked with it.
MAK 2 star
1995 Traeger (middle size)

Here are some pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a pic of my Mom's 2002 Traeger
picture.php

You do have a lot and it is so cool. You can cook a lot in all those "robots"

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back