• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Friday Night Cook (06/09/2006)

TexasGuppie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, while my Wife and her brother enjoy my season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway tonight (Craftsman Truck Races) I will be home cooking all night for the IRL race tomorrow night.

I'll have a 14 lb. packer on the pit along with 4 slabs of ribs, 6 chicken quarters, a JD Fatty and a meatloaf. I'll take pics and post 'em as time allows.

Everyone have a great and safe weekend!

Ken (the snackbar at TMS will see NONE of my money tomorrow night!)

Attachments

• slappy whites lucky dog bbq.JPG
    slappy whites lucky dog bbq.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I understand your motivation for avoiding the concessions but why give up the truck race? They're usually better than the cup races.

Im watching the Truck race as we type. You're a strong man to give that up. We lost the Truck race in Richmond and Im still pissed.

Happy Q'ing. Have fun with the Indy cars.

Here's the food!

The brisket had a great smokey flavor and was very juicy. The ribs were the best yet...tender with just a little tug to 'em. The fatty was killer (stuffed with slivers of jalapeno, diced onion and cheddar cheese)! Chicken was good too...I just don't get too jazzed over chicken. The other item was simply a mix of ground beef and pork shaped into two large 8" X 8" patties. I smeared some tomato paste on each one, added some diced onion and baby portobellos to the center of the patty and then topped it off with a mix of cheddar and monterey jack cheeses. I placed one patty on top of the "loaded patty and sealed the edges. Hey...a fella has to experiment! Tasted a lot like a cheesburger, mushroom meatloaf. Had a little chopped brisket too.

Okay...I'm ready. Fire away with the critique.

Ken

the new top shelves I was yakking about.jpg
The new top shelves I've been yakking about.
rubbed brisket.jpg
Rubbed brisket (like you've NEVER seen one before!)
fatty parts.jpg
Yep...a FATTY in the making!
blurry ribs.jpg
They tasted better than this pic depicts.
a sampler plate for a friend.jpg
A "Sampler Plate" for a friend of the Wifey.

I've been cooking all day and I STILL wish I had one of those sampler trays.....Damn that looks good! 10 on presentation!!

And BTW....those cherry tomatoes from your garden??

And PS BTW.........I want your pit..........

That is some good looking food yuo got going there. Maybe, just maybe I might do a cook this weekend.

Hope my friends don't see this post, they are are going to start expecting garnish on their sampler platters....:shock:

Looks like great food Ken, you are makeing me hungry.

Back