• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First cook on BWS Extended Party, need advice

I about crapped when I saw snow was building up on my G2. And thats "only" 1" of insulation. that 1" is 10000000x more effecient than my wsm. I can imagine the 2" smokers getting lost in snow drifts

I use 3-4 chunks in my fatboy and get
Just the right amount of smoke.

I just switched from a WSM to the backwoods, On Sunday it was 30 degrees out here and even though it took an hour and a half to get to 225, it held 250 on 1 tray of charcoal for 12 hours. The WSM would have never made it. Hows the G2? I was going to buy it but got scared off because it was brand new.

dont have much to compare to as this is my first BWS. really like the depth for pans. took me a few cooks to figure it out with the guru. running dry as well so that throws a loop into it. I probably wouldnt buy a non insulated cooker ever again after owning one

I completely agree, but even though you can't believe everything you read , I saw some posts that said the G2 had issues coming back up to temp when the door was opened. Based on your experience have you seen this at all?

I completely agree, but even though you can't believe everything you read , I saw some posts that said the G2 had issues coming back up to temp when the door was opened. Based on your experience have you seen this at all?

Just fired my G2 party up for the first time the other day and didn't experience this at all. In fact I was shocked at how fast the unit recovered after opening up my cooking chamber and losing the heat. Now this is my first vertical water smoker so I don't have anything to compare to but I have no complaints.

Any cooker is going to take time to recover when you open it or put cold food into it. The G2 is bigger than the regular Party so it will take longer. The key is to have patience and trust the cooker :) It will return to the temp it was before if you resist the urge to fiddle with it :-D

Cold meat can be a hinderance if you load it up but i dont think thats anything to really do with it. The new high airflow firebox def makes it more responsive than before

Back