• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm finally going to be able to max out my stick burner! HELLLLLPPP

Big N Hot

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've always wanted this to happen but now I'm a bit intimidated. I'll be cooking for 150 or so at the end of June. Can anyone give me good idea on meat quantities for brisket, pork butt, and pork spare ribs? I will also be preparing beans and slaw. Probably some white bread as well.

Cooking on a Lang 36 Stretch with warmer.

I'm curious to see if you can get enough meat on that size of a cooker. I was thinking if a Lang 60 would be big enough to cook for a large crowd. I want the 84 but can't afford it.

At a minimum you need 65lbs raw butts, 75lbs raw brisket and 2 bones per person. You may even need more depending on the event, guests and whether you want to make sure you have extras. I'm in a region where pork is #1 so as a caterer I'd be cooking about 85lbs butts, 75lbs brisket and 2 bones per person. I'd have some leftovers in that for sure but I'd be feeding my staff on that too.

Thanks! There really won't be much of a staff. My wife and maybe two friends to help out. The event planner is telling me that just pork butt is fine. They just don't get brisket here in AL. I've never done it but I'm pretty sure I can get 15 butts in my Lang. That would do it.

Back