• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mentor available Florida preferred

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Ok I'm now retired from competition cooking. I'd still like to keep a hand in. If you have a new team or are cooking backyard and are good cooks already I might be able to help you jump up the standings in the pro division. Been competing since 2001. I've taken classes from some of the biggest names in. BBQ. I took what I learned and applied it to how I cooked. I don't want to tell you how to cook or what flavor profile to use. I can offer suggestions on things you can try to tweak what you do. All I ask is you feed me, provide a room or comfortable place to sleep and gas for the car. I don't want to trim meats or cook all night. I will bring my knives and few few things you might want to try using for a cook. For Florida teams the cost would be minimal.

Can't promise you will win but I can promise you will get some tips in process that will help you to improve. Pm me if interested.

I don't compete but boy if did and were in FL, what at treat!
Pretty cool offer Ford!:thumb:

I am fairly new here so forgive any ignorance but have you considered doing classes of any type? If you have all the goods, knowledge and some space, you could really amp up the fun and maybe clear a few$?

Wanting to experience competition.

Greetings everyone,

I live in Northern California, more specifically the sf Bay Area.

I would like to experience competition first hand. I have a deep love for Q, and I am looking for a way to scratch that itch.

Long term plan, I am not sure if I want to go out on my own, or find a team to join. I feel that seeing a full competition first hand will give me an idea how comfortable I feel in that setting, and if it is what I'm looking for.

So if anyone would like some help, or is willing to spend some time just talking, please let me know.

I have experience in a kitchen atmosphere, back yard Q, and some catering for small groups (around 20 people).

Thank you for your time.

Sean

Back