My 13 year old daughter makes supper – PRON

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well my 13 year old daughter had her volleyball practice canceled yesterday so she called me at work and said.
  • Dad I think I’ll make us supper tonight if that’s okay?
  • Me pumping my chest at work and reply yes of course princess.

So after work my wife and I both walk in around the same time and are greeted with wonderful Italian aromas. We walk around the corner and there our daughter stands over the stove stirring a house made meat sauce for spaghetti.
I look and notice a crock pot out so I go and open the lid and there was fresh farmers market green beans to go with it.

My daughter says daddy I know you have been working late every night trying to get our new house ready to move in so I just wanted to give you and mom a break on cooking.

My wife and I both got pretty teary eyed with pride to say the least.

So I present little Bluegrass Southern Smokers spaghetti with house made meat sauce and fresh grated parmesan cheese paired with fresh farmers market green beans.

8-14-1.jpg

8-14.jpg

8-14-2.jpg

Sounds like you are doing a great job on raising her right. Moments like that are what it's all about.

Nice job! Comfort food there. Wish my kids were a little more involved in cooking. They help but you can tell they’re just helping to help. I’ll keep trying though. We need to train the next generation of weekend chef warriors!

You and your wife are definitely doing something right!

Hooray for Daughter-Nit!! :clap2:

Outstanding!! I know the price you felt could not be measured. No doubt that was probably the best meal you had ever eaten. Nice job and kudos to the kiddo.

Looks great, 13 year old granddaughter cooked for us a few weeks ago, I happen to walk thru as she was beating something, she lifted the beater and showered me, mamaw thought it was funny till the next day when she seen where all else it went lmao

Thank you everyone for the kind words my daughter will really get a big kick out of the nice reply's when I show her tonight.

I am sure that is a moment that will live with you forever. And your Daughter needs to be complemented on her cooking skills because that plate looks Fantastic!!!:clap2: :thumb::thumb:

Back