• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Results 8/3-4, Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Manorville, NY

I read the BBQ Brethren Contest Rules and didn't see anything about the Pork Parting rule. Maybe I missed it so I am asking is it legal in a BBQ Brethren Sanctioned Event?

Yup, You missed it.

[FONT=&quot]Pork[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pork is defined as a Whole Shoulder, Butt, or Boston Butt, or Picnic. Starting weight must be 5.25 lb. minimum. Tenderloins, Loins and pre-trimmed "money muscles" are not permitted. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pork must be cooked whole to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, after which it may be manipulated and finished at the cook’s discretion. For health safety, a temperature of 145 must be maintained until delivery to the judges. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pork may be submitted as a combination of styles or single style; such as Pulled, Sliced, Chopped or Diced. Bark, the outer layer of the pork, is also acceptable as part of your entry. [/FONT]

So, that means that once you cooked the butt to a safe serving temp of 145, you may do what ever you damn well please! :grin:

All pertinent information will be sent out clearly in the cooks packet in a week or so..

but FYI, The BBQ contest portion is GREEN GARNISH, which means any green leafy produce.

All pertinent information will be sent out clearly in the cooks packet in a week or so..

but FYI, The BBQ contest portion is GREEN GARNISH, which means any green leafy produce.

I hate salad with my BBQ!!! Phil let me know if you need any help setting things up leading up the event!!

Blazin' Buttz BBQ will be attending once I get off my arse to send in my application and payment. Dragging arse as always...

I paid back with paypal when it first went up on the site, I just need to fill out the application and get that in. This will be our second comp, can't wait!!

FOLKS, Please get your apps in.. we are close to 30 teams(from 42 last year) and i have to start working on layouts. Some teams have stopped competing and others made other plans due to our late start or Sams club challenge the following week, so the layout this year will change. Team list is on the website. www.BBQbattleli.com. If your at the bottom of the list below the line of ************** that means UNCONFIRMED and you can loose your spot. Get in apps and/or fees)

FOLKS, Please get your apps in.. we are close to 30 teams(from 42 last year) and i have to start working on layouts. Some teams have stopped competing and others made other plans due to our late start or Sams club challenge the following week, so the layout this year will change. Team list is on the website. www.BBQbattleli.com. If your at the bottom of the list below the line of ************** that means UNCONFIRMED and you can loose your spot. Get in apps and/or fees)

I think you misfired on the caps lock

Buenos DiAZ bbq

^^^ Buenos Diaz BBQ

just making sure you get it right in the trophy :becky:

PS: you have Gotham City in both sections

Phil,

I paid a while back. I will mail my app tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve Eastridge
Meat@Slim's

Chubby Hubby will be here....App will be sent in ASAP....I'll have Siri keep reminding me:wink:

If you are attending and have a pig or hog cooker (including a caja china), could you let me know?

Thanks!

Eric

Cigars

I want to let everyone know that we will have a cigar vendor this year at The Maples. He has also said that any teams that would like to pre-order a full box of cigars he will give a 10% discount too. If you have any other questions you can call Flame Fine Cigar & Smoking Lounge and ask for Joe, 631-928-3060. Make sure to tell him that you will be competing at the contest.

"Dirty Dick & Dr. BBQ" will be cooking. can't wait!
Aside from wanting to see a bunch of old friends, I need to cook a contest this year to keep my streak alive of at least one a year going back to the 80's!

Back