What am I forgetting? (AZ State Champ comp this weekend)

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Heading out soon to Taylor AZ for the state champ "Corn and Que BBQ Competition". I know I am forgetting something, can't remember what. I'll figure it out when we get there.

The cooker.....don't forget the cooker.....and the fire extinguisher, and the dish pans, and the foil, and the rub, and the sauce, and the water containers, and the....oh hell....unpack and find what you forgot or I'll never sleep tonight!

How about the meat? The beer? The charcoal and wood? The name of your first grade teacher?

Your lighter? Chimney? Cooler? Tongs? Knives? Food for dinner? Your teammate? Lighter Fluid (just checking to see if you were paying attention)

I am heading up in the morning and my son will be coming Sat morning.I probably have extra everything this time.Did the Paul Kirk punch list.:icon_wink

Your forgetting me. LOL
Really wanted to go just to watch but just had shoulder surgery a week and a half ago. Good Luck G$ bring a win down to the south. Good luck to all that go.

First Place Brisket
Otis and the Bird

Forth Place Brisket
Mr Smoker

Overall
Third Place - Mr Smoker

All i have is the top five results now. I think we ended up with 35 teams.

Grand Champion: Oink County Cookers
Reserve Champion: Holy Smoke Its Adams Ribs

Chicken
1st Utah Smoke
2nd Son's BBQ
3rd The Smokedelics
4th Oink County Cookers
5th BBQ Bullies

Ribs
1st BBQ Bullies
2nd Holy Smoke Its Adams Ribs
3rd One Smoke Over The Line
4th Totally Que-less BBQ
5th Oink County Cookers

Pork
1st Oink County Cookers
2nd Q
3rd Starvin Marvins BBQ
4th Blake's BBQ
5th Totally Que-less BBQ

Brisket
1st Otis and the Bird
2nd Holy Smoke Its Adams Ribs
3rd Oink county Cookers
4th Mr. Smoker BBQ
5th 2ks Smokin

Thanks G$, i was just posting the Brethren scores.
It was nice seeing you again,we need to find time to hang out at these events.I didn't get time to visit ,except on the way to the cooks meeting and after the awards. Maybe we take this competition thing to serious. ;)
Are you doing the Duel in the Desert in Nov ?
I should have used "ddogs Apple Rub" on my ribs, i thought everyone else locally is using it so i did something else.

Thanks G$, i was just posting the Brethren scores.
You missed us! 4th in Ribs and 5th in Pork.

It was nice seeing you again,we need to find time to hang out at these events.I didn't get time to visit ,except on the way to the cooks meeting and after the awards. Maybe we take this competition thing to serious. ;)
If 'serious' is another work for drinking too much, maybe it applies to us too :icon_blush:

Are you doing the Duel in the Desert in Nov ?

Yep, we'll be there in November.

You missed us! 4th in Ribs and 5th in Pork.

If 'serious' is another work for drinking too much, maybe it applies to us too :icon_blush:

Yep, we'll be there in November.

Sorry Brother, i forgot your team name.I hate to think what the penalty is for that. :eek:
I won't forget again. :icon_smil

Back