• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

It's a sad day--We've Lost A Brother

Ron_L said:
That's pretty much how I remember it.

But the "prelude" to the orders was forgotten!!!

He stumbled off the porch, and Neil (I think) and his wife said "someone better go check on him"

Well I went over to the side of Greg's house alone, and KC was sitting on what I knew was BigDog's van. I knew I was gonna need help, so I went back to the porch.

Someone shouted "well, how is he?"

"He's fine" I said, "He's over there pissing all over the side of his van. He was opening the door, I just hope he don't POOPIE in there"

BigDog jumps up "That's My Van!!!"

I busted out laughing, and enlisted Dog to go help me get him in the trailer. That was the moment the "Lawn Gnome Turtle Force" was deployed

LOL. Laughter, the best medicine. He's laughing too.

Just found out about the sad news. Didn't know Scott personally but from everyones remarks wish I had. Will raise a toast to him Friday night at the Blaze Off.
Our Prayers will be with KC and his family.

Lee

2Fat said:
Originally Posted by Solidkick
This morning I received a phone call...
Friends.....our beloved KCQuer....Scott Cook, has passed......

To my brother Scott.....I miss you already.....I loved you man!

raising glasses to one of the good guys! <clink>

Buzz

Yep....we were going to meet up and visit you at the AR....someone said something about "home brew".......

willkat98 said:
But the "prelude" to the orders was forgotten!!!

He stumbled off the porch, and Neil (I think) and his wife said "someone better go check on him"

Well I went over to the side of Greg's house alone, and KC was sitting on what I knew was BigDog's van. I knew I was gonna need help, so I went back to the porch.

Someone shouted "well, how is he?"

"He's fine" I said, "He's over there pissing all over the side of his van. He was opening the door, I just hope he don't POOPIE in there"

BigDog jumps up "That's My Van!!!"

I busted out laughing, and enlisted Dog to go help me get him in the trailer. That was the moment the "Lawn Gnome Turtle Force" was deployed

LOL. Laughter, the best medicine. He's laughing too.

What a moment. Bill and I were standing there while brother e was taking a break from the long walk to the tailer (maybe all of 30 yds.) Anyway, e is either sitting down of leaning on my van when he mutters something about turtles manning the perimeter. I look at Bill and he gives me one of those what the fark looks and I must have given him the same silly look. We are both tying not to burst out in a gut busting laugh and get poor ole inebreated e to the trailer. Just as soon as we get the job done we both look at each other and start laughing all the way back to the porch where we share the story with the remaining drunks, I mean brothers, and we all laugh for a good long time. It was a brethren moment for sure. I will never forget the look on Bill's face when e said the now famous line. Thanks for the laugh e. Love ya bro.

Never met him personally, but certainly will miss him. He was always eager to help out a brother. Prayers were and are sent to his family.

I didn't know KC except from the posts I've read over the last year or so that I've been here. After I read the first post here, my heart sank. I read every post up to mine and got a little more choked up after each post from you guys who truly knew him.
I don't have words. My thoughts and prays are with the family.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and many friends. Although I never met him, I exchanged several PM's with him on Saturday about pellets. I have read many of his posts, and it is obvious he was loved and will be missed. God Bless.

I never met Scott but alway enjoyed reading his posts.
May he rest in peace. Our prayers go to his family and loved ones.

God is with you

Mrs.Cook and family

My wife and I are sadden to hear of your lost.
if there is anything that we can do please e-mail us.
I know you are far away, but as God would do, we will reach
you in the time of need.

God Is With You
Be strong and courages,because you will lead these people (your family)
to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
Be strong and courageous, Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

i never got a chance to meet Scott but i enjoyed reading his posts. from reading about him from those who knew him personally i felt i got a chance to know a great guy who brightened the days of those around him. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

phil

kcquer,

Thanks for the help you gave.

May the wind be at your back.

butt head said:
being new here i never had the chance to now scott. but from reading the post today it's very clear he was a class act. in his honor i would like the brethrens promition to add a small turtle with kcqer on it in the corner of my new team banner. John
granted

Being stuck on the other side of the pond I have never had the chance, nay privilege, to meet Scott.....and it's sorry to say I never will....

He's now moved on, and I hope he's BBQing with all the other fallen brothers.

I was very saddened to read about KC. He was full of nothing but good advise when he would respond to one of my threads. I learned much from him. I even used one of his rub recipes on my 1st rack of spares. I’m thankful that the BBQ Brethren exists so there will be an archive of KC’s wisdom. My thoughts are with his family as I know how rough it is to have a family member pass.

Always enjoyed Scotts post and was amazed at how fast he seemed to answer a post, and especially a newbie. He will be missed. Reading all these posts with all the fond memories has been great. My wife and I would like to express our sympathy to Scotts family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butt head
being new here i never had the chance to now scott. but from reading the post today it's very clear he was a class act. in his honor i would like the brethrens promition to add a small turtle with kcqer on it in the corner of my new team banner. John

granted

How about a new line underneath it "fEAR THE TURTLE"

Or: "The perimeter of this cook site is manned by turtles." May have to go get a few concrete ones. :smile:

Back