• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Phubar's Drum Phried Chicken Pron Pt.2...Gore Style

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Sorry Gore about the delay,my cardreader sometimes leads it's own life.:tsk:
Recipe worked out good,I still have to tweak it but I got some crisp on there!:cool:
I couldn't get the Mini up to 450F,I cooked it around 375-400F.

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

Looks a lot thinner, but still mighty good! I need to finally get around to trying this myself!

Looks like a winner to me! Too bad Gore doesn't measure or he could give us a detailed batter recipe.... :rolleyes: Man I want some more KFC now.

That looks great.....what's that on the Tomatoes? Is that some Balsamic Vinegar
or something?

That looks great.....what's that on the Tomatoes? Is that some Balsamic Vinegar
or something?

Yep...Phruity balsamic vinigar used for dressing...also a bit of salt.:thumb:
Gore sended it to me last summer when he was in Spain.
Very good stuPh!

Last time I tried Fried Chix, I burned down the kitchen :icon_blush: Need to try it on Da Drum :thumb:

That looks really good to me. I have got to get off it and try that!

The first three pictures aren't showing up for me, Phu. Did you move them around on photobucket?

Wow Phubar, that looks really good. Some people like the batter thicker and others thinner. It's all up to you. It sure looks tasty. How long did it cook? Your sides look wonderful.

Just before I dunked the chicks in the batter I poured some more milk in the batter,I was afraid it might be too thick.
Next time I'll make it a bit thicker too see how that turns out...it's worth to try again!:thumb:

Last time I tried Fried Chix, I burned down the kitchen :icon_blush: Need to try it on Da Drum :thumb:

LOL!
Good to see that kitchen up and running again!

The first three pictures aren't showing up for me, Phu. Did you move them around on photobucket?

Don't know what went wrong but here are the first pics again...

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

The batters I was making were quite a bit thicker. Even the thin ones were much thicker. If you dunked the chicken, you really needed a spoon to help mold the batter over the chicken as it wouldn't just stick if you tried to dunk it and it was really too thick to pour also. And you could dunk them in melted butter or brush the butter over them. I don't think you could really do that with yours without brushing the batter off. The main thing is how did it taste to you and did you like the results. I can see you've got lots of tasty things in the batter.

I was waiting for this comment from you.:becky:
Very clear Gore...I didn't know exactly what you ment with "pasty" in your thread.
Main thing about this experiment was that it did turn crispy.
You now how it's gonna turn out next time.:cool:

Instead of dried parsley I used dried oregano,dried basil,a bit of salt n pepper and the last bit of Simply Marvelous Sweet n Spicey rub.

Back