• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Triggs Feb class-Hammond

Theresa B

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for the schedule for Johnny's class in Hammond Feb 8 & 9. We have sent in our fees but need some sort of schedule so we can make flight and hotel reservations. I have e mailed him but have not gotten a response yet. Time is getting short for us to make the reservations, any insight would be appriciated.
Theresa

I am looking for the schedule for Johnny's class in Hammond Feb 8 & 9. We have sent in our fees but need some sort of schedule so we can make flight and hotel reservations. I have e mailed him but have not gotten a response yet. Time is getting short for us to make the reservations, any insight would be appriciated.
Theresa
I don't know the answer but I'll see you there. Driving down from Atlanta the day before.

Are there still seats available for this class? I'd love to try to go but can't find any info on it.... Thanks!

Sue and I are going the following weekend. We were going the 8th & 9th but we had a conflict with the GBC event. I'll also see if can get the schedule from Johnny. Any thoughts on accomodations?

... Any thoughts on accomodations?

Use the KCBS member rate at either of the Choice Hotels in town...the Quality Inn & Conference Center is nice, but you'd have to call them direct. The Comfort Inn is close to the Interstate, but it was a little far from the Hammond contest - I'm not sure just where the cooking class is being held. There's another Comfort Inn up the road in Amite, too. Personally, I'd also suggest the Microtel down in Ponchatoula (on the opposite side of I-10 from Hammond) and breakfast at Paul's Cafe down the street...

Lynn H.

Sue and I are going the following weekend. We were going the 8th & 9th but we had a conflict with the GBC event. I'll also see if can get the schedule from Johnny. Any thoughts on accomodations?
I didn't realize that he opened up another weekend!

Johnny filled the first class first. He had so much demand that he opened the next weekend up for registartion. He was kind enough to let me change weekends.
I hated to miss the "butt feezin' cold" Young Harris event and banquet.

Dave, are you going to visit New Orleans? I've never been there. I'm not sure I want to go.

Jeremy, you need to call him. He may still have an opening.

This is a cut and paste of the email I just received from Johnny. (12/28/12 11:23am EST)
CLASS STARTS AT 6PM FRIDAY 15 AND WILL GO TO AROUND 10PM. SATURDAY THE CLASS STARTS AT 7AM AND WILL GO TO AROUND 1:30PM. WE WILL COVER BRISKET AND PORK FRIDAY NIGHT. I WILL START COOKING AT 2:30 AM SATURDAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE THERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO. I WILL HAVE THE BRISKET AND PORK READY TO WRAP AT 7AM AS I TWEAK EACH ONE.

I just talked with Johnny.
He has limited openings for Feb 1&2 in California (I don't have location details) and openings Feb 15 & 16 in Hammond LA
Johnnys number is 817-999-8377. (He told me to post this number)

I think he had such a good response he added the 15th & 16th. Originally it was Feb 8 & 9, which is what we have registered for.

We are strongly considering staying in the Hammond area Fri eve and Sat/Sun in NOLA. We are also planning on being there at 2:30 Sat morning when he starts.

Yes, he added a second weekend due to the response. I don't know about the limit. I "think" he said there were 15 spots open for the 15th & 16th class.
The schedule is the same for either class.

Johnny called this morning. Feb 8/9th is full. We will be attending the Feb 15/16th class. I was so excited to get to talk to him! I was in the middle of making a Medieval feast for 80 people...everything came to a halt so I could talk to the "Godfather" !!!

Back