Trimming chicken before a contest?

B

BBQNUTT

When you trim meat before a contest (chicken in this case) how do you re-package it so the meat inspector will know you haven't done anything else other than trim it? I was considering vacuume sealing it with the original packaging label inside and visible, but is that enough?

When you trim meat before a contest (chicken in this case) how do you re-package it so the meat inspector will know you haven't done anything else other than trim it? I was considering vacuume sealing it with the original packaging label inside and visible, but is that enough?

That is how I do it and haven't had a problem yet in KCBS or FBA

All my trimmed meat goes in to clear garbage bags, and gets twist-tied. For chicken, it goes in a foil pan first, then in to the garbage bag.

Just put it in a plastic bag on ice. Should be enough.

I just trimmed last night. Went into a vacuumed packed Food Saver bag (no labels), then into the fridge. Keep under ice when travelling. Never had a single method with this method with inspections. There are no label requirements. A good inspector knows fresh chicken when he sees it!

Thanks! I appreciate all the feedback! I think I will pack them in my zip-locks so that I can just open them and add marinade after they are inspected!

Mine goes into a Cambro half pan with a lid. Then into fridge/cooler.

I offer the inspector a bite to show they haven't been seasoned. :)

I sit by and drink while DaleP does all the work. It's real easy that way. But we vaccum seal ours.

Back