• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pitmaster T and Popdaddy's UDS Thread (Movie) and Indexing to come

Yes he did, because, as my conspiracy theory will prove, Pitmaster T is actually the owner of PBC. Please read this with an open mind and don't be too eager to dismiss.

I've come to enjoy the satire, innuendo, and good humor of pits threads and videos. Anyone can tell you "how much" to use, but make a vid with great music and celebrities names to direct back to the forum? That's just being clever.

Anyway, Gene Simmons once said that "there's no such thing as bad publicity," and here is my conspiracy theory:

Pitmaster T creates the PBC and company and hires some actors to make videos how to use it and pose as the actual owners. He also gets P.D. To endorse it (albeit a little over zealous and this was part f the plan). Meanwhile, pit remains quiet and away from the forum.

Then suddenly (just before Super Bowl weekend, the mother of all outdoor cooking weekends), pit goes on the offensive with "controversial" publicity about the PBC and WHAMMO! A Spike in sales and PBC posts here on the forum!

Only pitmaster t could be patient enough to mastermind a pla like this and land kingsford as a sponsor (notice the fuel he uses in his uds video and calls the viewers attention to?)

Anyway, great plan Pitmaster T, very clever and I hope you make millions off of this!

Is it gonna come out that patiodaddio and Pitmaster T are the same person? Now it's all starting to make sense! :becky:

Another drum build. Zzzzzzz.....

yes but YOUR drum was feature for all to see as the type of inspiration this forum offers.

as far as P.D and me being the same person... He is a white guy. So that would not be possible... as I am orange.

Did you build that urself? I hear there are kits. I saw one on a stainless and really, when I make the stainless one, I would rather have a slide than some ugly iron pipe

Yep. I used zinc plated sheet from HD. The heat at the bottom of the barrel isn't enough to burn the zinc off. So not worried about that. They are kinda crude, but its a uds and it does what I want. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Some guys are using the bge slider on their drums. Looks really slick on a stainless drum. BPS sells just the slider vent also.

I wsa going to buy those, until i saw the 30 dollar price tag a PIECE for a small piece of sheet metal. Mine came out to a 1.75 for four, plus i have enough sheet to make another 4 or 5.

Sheet metal bender:
20130202_162644_zps0867236d.jpg

One side bent all the way, one side after it was out of the bender:
20130202_162815_zpsa4a3ea7d.jpg

Profile:
20130202_162942_zpsa62bd954.jpg

Closed:
20130204_155958_zps5086f8fc.jpg

Open:
20130204_160012_zpsb4051b7b.jpg

I was able to keep a lower consistent temp with these without having to worry about anything falling or moving. A gasket of thin magnet material is behind it (cereal box is also a very good gasket).

yes but YOUR drum was feature for all to see as the type of inspiration this forum offers.

as far as P.D and me being the same person... He is a white guy. So that would not be possible... as I am orange.

Hey T, he was obviously asleep by that part:becky:

Hey T, he was obviously asleep by that part:becky:

Yeah. The purpose of the video was not Our audience but outside "us". You will note along the way it talks about how many hitz our forum has for the UDS, where certain threads are and which post a tip came from.

The purpose is not to show how I built a UDS 4 years behind everyone else but that the Brethren still inspires me and can inspire other as well.

Oddly ther eseems to be a counting error YOUTUBE is havign these days.
And of course people do come into our forum from videos. My data on how long they view a video is surprising even to me... unless, its because of the music, LOL.

Here it is... the Ultimate UDS (Upright Drum Smoker) Movie... if for anything but its length.

Popdaddy and Pitmaster T's - Ultimate UDS Movie - YouTube

There are little surprises on the way

Music is a gift to TRUFUNK.... the song Chapter and Verse was recorded days ago in a Live Jam.

All people I got inspiration are credited as well as the forum to help pour more members in to see our colossal UDS Threads; which is just like a PBC, only larger.

Thanks for the shout out bro cant wait to get back home to get caught up...In the meanwhile Keep Funk Alive

Thanks so MUCH for sharing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wsa going to buy those, until i saw the 30 dollar price tag a PIECE for a small piece of sheet metal. Mine came out to a 1.75 for four, plus i have enough sheet to make another 4 or 5.

Sheet metal bender:
20130202_162644_zps0867236d.jpg

One side bent all the way, one side after it was out of the bender:
20130202_162815_zpsa4a3ea7d.jpg

Profile:
20130202_162942_zpsa62bd954.jpg

Closed:
20130204_155958_zps5086f8fc.jpg

Open:
20130204_160012_zpsb4051b7b.jpg

I was able to keep a lower consistent temp with these without having to worry about anything falling or moving. A gasket of thin magnet material is behind it (cereal box is also a very good gasket).

UDS picture thread [Number two] ( 123) by Skidder

Most Noted in Pictorial (in order of appearance)

SKIDDER UDS #1
ExPatPig #4
Colonel00 #66
Phubar #10
Mark #11
Southern Home Boy #13
N8man #14
Bluetang #16
Paul B (Stainless) #19
Or what if Art Deco Hollywood made a UDS for the 1939 World’s Fair
Smoke Watcher #22
SmokerKing #27
Absolute works of freakin art
GaryK1398 #28
Kwas68 #31
4dueces #34 King of the Graphics Models
MushCreek #42
Newie #44
Cdn #45 (has football field and goals)
RiverCitySmokehouse #48 (HUGE DRAFTS)
La smoker #50 Triple size for the Purple Bag lovers
More Skidder #62
Blackened #73 The Cleanest Functional design
IMA Redneck #83 My fav.. says “F U” to the people worried about chemicals!
Pappy #86 King of the add-ons
JM Seltzer #87 Twin Upright Draft
Woodbutcher #97
Tuscadero #102 Slider Draft
Brickie #107 Dabears Dabullz
BigKev #108 R2D2
Skidder (Teenie- Mini) #113

There is another Photo Gallery I am going through to Index. It will be up shortly.

BEFORE I Index the Collosal UDS Thread (211 pages) I will hit the easy stuff... Threads made by our Members about the UDS that were Tagged.

Mini UDS
Smokingbarrel

New Here - another drum lining Q
BigRed1500

UDS Build - Two Cooking Trays
Rpf41978

UDS build and cook
Reglarjoe

My No Thrills UDS Build is Complete!
WVFD710

UDS Seasoning
JimF

UDS Grate Thermometer
JimF

Building my first UDS
jldozier

Reverse flow UDS?
Matt_A

My UDS charcoal basket "breakthrough"
enasnidx

Fat as Fuel? or that amazing UDS !
BruceKWHP

Gasketing the lid of my UDS. (project pron)
BigButzBBQ

Is this a UDS or VPS?
markpmc

Legs for the drum - PRON
sincitydisciple01

my new twins (Double UDSPID control W/pron
mgp03051

UDS Ribs
landarc

Brisket and UDS (again)
RamHemiTX

RedNecked Ugly Drum Grill
N8man

UDS - First Attempt
va_connoisseur

The invasion continues... (Another UDS is Born)
sampson

Whiskey Barrel Smoker ( 1 2)
alanneila

Pappy’s Corner (King of the Ad Ons)

My new UDS Pics
Pappy

UDS Pooper Scooper
Pappy

UDS Final Pics - Flame Paint, Charcoal basket, Shelf
Pappy

Easy to make paper towel holder for my UDS - Pics
Pappy

Maverick et-732 probe location on a uds
Pappy

Stainless Steel - Carbon Steel - Zinc Plated - Electro Galvanized - We're Talkin NUTS
Pappy

Actual 27 million hit UDS Thread Index Pictorials by Subject for the 2007 Model year

How I am doing this.

We all know the colossal UDS Thread is too much to read. Imagine indexing it. There is only really one way to do it so that it will be done in a reasonable amount of time; by pictorial submission and by year. Who wants to wait 5 years for me to index the damn thing. In addition, I like the Year Model Idea because the UDS changed and evolved over the years.

Why I chose pictorials.

The reason I chose to skip along the thread and stopping at the pictorials is because either a picture was shown to answer a question, or to show off a new idea... either way, before or after the picture, there was discussion so if you scroll back or forward a bit you can pick up what you need quickly.

THE UDS THREAD INDEXED - January 2007 to December 2007

Baskets or Fire Rings
Norcorredneck’s Basket
SmokenGator’s UDS Pics
OldBob’s Basket
Thirdeye’s Basket design
Thawley’s unique fire basket )
N8mans’ Fire Basket
Swamprb’s 18” weber kettle fire basket idea

Draft design Nipples, Holes and Thangs
Norcorednecks Nipples and holes
SmokenGator’s UDS Pics
Thawley’s Unique Draft design and Wheels
Thawleys Foot Controlled Draft Design (entire thread) Not part of original UDS Thread This is a MAJOR design departure and very a very unique genius

1st Burn Out Pics
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=383156&postcount=216
Blutches Burn
N8man’s Burn

Food Pics from the UDS

Thirdeye’s Ribs
Thirdeyes Ribs on Rack Holders
SmokenGator’s Ribs
Meatburner’s Chix Pics
Pepper76usa’s canton, Ga. Turn ins from a UDS (2007)

Geek Stuff
Napper’s Temp controller and Induction Draft (Scratch built)

Hardware (Handles Wheels and What Not)
Bottles ‘n Bones BBQ - Stacks
Bottles and Bones hardware for drum lid tiedowns (when you are hauling, what holds your lid on?)
Scudrnr’s Stacks

Just Shotz
Thirdeyes’s BDS (Retail Unit)

Kettle Lid Mods
Swamprb’s Kettle Mod

Mods, Tables and Extensions
TnTitan (One of the first ones on our forum to fashion a table to a UDS)
Ipls3355’s Extension Mod
Pepper76usa’s chain crazy
Bottles N Bones BBQ – sausage hangers

Start to Finish (These guys gave pictorials from soup to nuts)
MT4Runner 2007 Model
Swamprb’s 2007 model
Swamprb’s Kettle Mod 2007 Model

Tools Needed

Thawleys Awesome Welders Thread (Discussion of Welders and Welding)
One handled, Thirdeyed flying little pooper scooper

I really have no idea if anyone wants me to do this. It look like it needed to be done because while reading the UDS thread and its 211 pages is great for absorbing info, when you are trying to find something someone offered, its hard... real hard.

It is hard also to do it. Please let me know if you want me to continue or I will spend time on something less constructive... like uh...
[ame]http://youtu.be/0nASu9T8B44[/ame]

Outstanding!!! Kudos for undertaking such a daunting project!!!

I Fully Agree with Nate !! I got away from completing My UDS but after seeing this thread...I still have the Basket and most of the Parts that I had gathered for the project...now I just need a good drum and I will finish my project...thanks for rekindling the Fire for Me !! :clap2:

Thank you for building this thread. This is quite a task that you have taken on. It is an honor to be tagged “King of the Add On’s”. Making somthing that makes life a little easier has to be one of my favorite things to do. My dad liked to tinker in his shop and that’s where I think I got it from. He would say “I’m making something out of nothing”.

This will definitely help stop the same basic uds questions being asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!

Seriously thanks Pimaster T, I know you spent some time on this! I wish it'd been up when I was researching my 1st uds build! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jason

Back