• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Q&A

Trying to figure out my wrist bands for friends. Do I need one for myself to get in to set up? If not do I need to be wearing one if I never leave the grounds? keith

You will need to have one starting Friday evening.

And just a warning for anyone with kids!! If they are 6 and older they also will need a wristband!! :mad:

Trying to figure out my wrist bands for friends. Do I need one for myself to get in to set up? If not do I need to be wearing one if I never leave the grounds? keith

During the 4+ years that I have been attending, I rarely get checked, but that's mainly due to the fact that I use the back gate which is the one that goes to the Liberty lot. Basically if you look like you belong, they leave you alone.

A oldy, but goody that may have some answers for folks making their first trip to the Royal.

Good luck to all AR competitors! I am so jealous and wish we were competing this year. We are going as spectators and judging the open on Saturday. Good luck to all South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa teams! We will be cheering you on!

Eggspert BBQ
3 Lg BGE
Stoker
Orange Thermapen

OK, serious rookie question... Does anyone know if it's allowed/acceptable to cut
through the "Governor's Building" to turn-in?

Thanks in advance,
John

Anybody have an idea how early Wednesday someone could drop a trailer?

Also, I read back and it looks like train noise comes into play for lot D but doesn't sound like the Hammond, LA contest type train noise (speeding, horn blaring Amtrak's 10ft away), any insight is appreciated!

Went down tonight to check my spot and contemplate set up... Come to find out, Tex Wasabi's is next to me and is going to be filming on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... Any idea how this is going to effect us? I'm sure some of you have had experience with this. I can't figure out if this will make it more fun, or more of a headache

Anybody have an idea how early Wednesday someone could drop a trailer?

Also, I read back and it looks like train noise comes into play for lot D but doesn't sound like the Hammond, LA contest type train noise (speeding, horn blaring Amtrak's 10ft away), any insight is appreciated!

It's a yard not a main line.

What about water? we have a camper and may need to load it up with water once in a while. I know we are near electricity, but water?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I know Best Western on Southwest Boulevard does. I THINK the Westin Crown Center, Hotel Phillips and possibly the Downtown Marriott.

We had a room at Hotel Phillips last year and they did not have a shuttle. Even with the below list rate we got, it's not on my list of places I'd choose to return to. It wasn't awful, but the combination of new paint smell and really old building smell just didn't work for me.

Patio Daddio - this was allowed last year - ask your Ambassador when they check you in.

Outnumbered - yes there is a water wagon - in your packet you get from your Ambassador there should be a number to call to get them to deliver or flag in down when you see it - or ask your Ambassador for help - that is what we are there for.
Might be best to have some with you to get started with until they get to you.
Experience is that water delivery system takes a while to get started up and going.

BJ - we are staying at the Residence Inn on Main St. They do have a shuttle, but not available real early or late. Cab from there is cheap if shuttle not available.
(will look you up when we get to the grounds).

Back