• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

prices for ribs

I just bought 21 racks of baby backs with the membranes removed for $3.09/lb.

Spares here are usually around $4.99/lb. baby back about $5.99. I caught BBs on sale for $1.99/lb a while back and loaded the freezer.

That's what I pay by the case at RD.

Yesterday was the first time I purchased meat from RD. I had seen the case price which was .20 cheaper in their flyer and I was thinking you had to buy a whole case. I had called them and they said 6 packs came in a case. When I got there I noticed the sign said for 26+ pounds you got the discount, so it wasn't a case as in what I was thinking, I just bought 3 packs making sure they totaled 26+ pounds. Noticed brisket was the same way but you had to buy 48+ pounds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

In Texas at Sam's Club they sell Spare ribs cryo'd three racks to the cryo, they sell them for 2.58 a pound. I typically have pretty good returns on these ribs, although a couple of times I noticed the middle one wasn't as pretty as the two outside. Meaty ribs in either event though, I gobble them right down.

Paid $6.17 for a rack of trimmed spares at Target today, they're "enhanced" so they'll probably taste like crap but I couldn't resist the price for over 3 3/4 lbs of ribs. :loco:

The Price Rite here has spares for $1.99/lb. Not sure if that's a sale price or not because every time I go there, that seems to be the price. Unfortunately, I prefer the BBs. They normally go for about $2.99/lb.

Went to the store tonight, here's the proof. Farking ouch.

tesequba.jpg

We have a Sam's and Costco in town. Most of my slabs come from there.

On average, I'll get three slabs of St. Lois cut for ~ $25.

I'm surprised that ribs are higher here than in most other places-NC is the biggest pork-producing state in the country.

Up here in northern canada i paid $1.99 a pound. i picked up 6 racks, untrimmed.

Attachments

• IMG_5315.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5319.jpg
    IMG_5319.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
Picked up some untrimmed spares for $1.72/lb and I thought I saw the BB's for $2.68/lb. Have a hard time beating the Costco Business Center pricing up here.

At the meat market I frequent, prices per pound are:
spares -- $2.69
st. louis trimmed spares -- $3.69
baby backs -- $3.69.

Back