I'm new, and sometimes you guys don't make any sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What the he%& are you guys talking about? Some of the terms are unfamiliar to me.

Good question! For the new folks (and we have a lot! Welcome!), we tend to use some terms that are not commonplace. We have two resources that will help you...

StLouque's Acronym List or (what the heck does that stand for?)
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=35132

and...

KCquers ROADMAP to the QTALK Forum
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7818

Also, most of the forums have a Roadmap thread in the stickies area at the top of that forum. The Roadmap threads have links to some of the most commonly asked for things in that forum. It is always a good idea to check the roadmap before doing a search or asking.

Finally, at the bottom of every page there is a Google search that searches only the bbq-brethren domain. The built in forum search capability is enabled by subscription, but the site-specific Google search is available to everyone.

I am also new to the BBQ Brethern and I found the StLouque's Acronym List through the built in forum searchbut did not know about the KCquers ROADMAP. Thanks for the info and I'm sure others will be appreciative also. It was also interesting learning about KCquer. Sounds like he was a really Great man. RIP

Those two links are great resources - thanks for putting the sticky up. I know I have read them many times trying to figure out all y'all's crazy talk meant (now, I'm talking crazy, too).

MANY thanks for the threads. Most helpful for this newbie.Have to stop reading for now to give these info loaded eyeballs a rest.

Great stuff with St. Loques and the Roadmap in easy to find locations now. I still don't know what Barbefunkoramaque is talking about, although I am making better brisket now.

Thanks! I've been trying to figure out some of the "terms" on here.

Thanks

Goo stuff Ron!!!!!:biggrin:

So where can I learn about a drum smoker and how to build one? I have questions about air intakes, charcoal baskets,burnouts, and lids?

Yeah I am a newcomer as well and was a little thrown off by some of the words. Those sites are very helpful. I'm just glad I finally made it into the 21st century finding this forum based on something I love! Thanks for the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back