• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Phubar's WGA Phried Chicken Drums Pron...Gore Style Pt.3

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

Looks great Phubar! What's the verdict?

Welcome back, ... again!

Here's the link to the southern-style chicken -- probably should be "Master's style" but that might get people confusing the Master with this lowly servant:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95412

Holy chit!:laugh: John thought I was watching dancing kittens again b/c I was laughing so hard reading that..
It sounds amazing. I'm giving it a try! Thanks.

Chicken looks nice and juicy! :thumb: I can see why you continue to use this style over and over again. With these results, even the mistakes are awesome. :becky:

Looks great Phubar! What's the verdict?

It worked again!
After 4 times I think I know how thick the batter is supposed to be.
Result was a very nice crust.
When I took a bite out of the drums juices were dripping out of it...these were sealed because of the batter.

Chicken looks nice and juicy! :thumb: I can see why you continue to use this style over and over again. With these results, even the mistakes are awesome. :becky:

That's wassup!:cool::thumb:

Outstanding!! Great looking "chicken legs" :becky: I Think I know what we might be having for dinner!!

Gore's grilled fried chicken is the best thing since fried chicken. If you haven't tried it you REALLY need to. It's easy and delicious and healthy? Phu what temps are you cooking at and do you use smoke wood? I've only ever done it with just charcoal and no smoke. I was thinking of trying a mild wood like pecan I just wasn't sure how the smoke would work with the batter.

My compliments to the Chef, Gore and of course Master. I will be trying this tomorrow, on Da Drum. Looks to good to not do. :thumb:

Phub that plate is screaming out my name. You my phriend, never stop que-ing , and we all sure appreciate it. :thumb:

I like chicken cooked this way even better than fried chicken. I have done this about 5 times over the last couple of months since seeing the threads by Gore and Smokey Al Gold and I can't thank these guys enough for the idea. I always added apple chips and cooked at about 375-400, as high as I can get the kettle most of the time (Winter here). The result is like fried chicken but with a true smokey flavor and none of the grease. I use a flour, then dip into buttermilk/baking soda/baking powder/salt/pepper mixture, then flour again for the coating, turns out very crispy.

Back