New Smoker Build

Very nice! You gonna try to do a hog in that monster?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Finally got it painted this spring. Time to start thinking about the next project!

cooker2_zpsba14a187.jpg

Watch those tires! The one I built, the tires get really hot. They are set farther away from the fire box than yours! Just my 2 cents! Looks great!

Watch those tires! The one I built, the tires get really hot. They are set farther away from the fire box than yours! Just my 2 cents! Looks great!

Actually haven't had any problem with the tires getting hot. The steel on the firebox is 5/16" and I build a small efficiently burning fire in the middle of the box. Maybe your firebox wasn't as thick or your fire was too big.

Beautiful job... that Is what my next smoker should be... I can smell the red oak now

what was total steel cost?

Nice to have heavy equipment available to move it around too

Thanks Bruce. Total steel cost is hard to estimate because we have a friend in the steel business that gets us material at cost. I think I might have $400 in it at most.

Actually haven't had any problem with the tires getting hot. The steel on the firebox is 5/16" and I build a small efficiently burning fire in the middle of the box. Maybe your firebox wasn't as thick or your fire was too big.
Could be the difference. My firebox is 1/4". Main body is 5/16. Glad that isn't an issue!

Jam up job on the cooker I know you cant wait to fire it up!!!!!!!!

thanks! it cooks pretty good, it like larger logs than my other stick burner. Building them is 1/2 the fun, learning to make great food on them is the other 1/2.

Back