• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My childhood favorite

Hmmm, this is so odd. I have never associated mayonnaise with Mexican or Cali-Mex or Tex-Mex, with the exception of Tortas. I happen to like mayo, so this is quite intriguing to me.

Maybe its a regional thing... I'm from southern part of Mexico. State is called Michoacan and its known for avocados.

That looks great. (I’d Add some lettuce & cheese) My Father in Law would put on everything as well. Ever have a Peanut Butter & Mayo sandwich? :twitch:

your right lettuce was missing and queso fresco...but PB and mayo?? thats an interestin combo.

So easy and quick. Mayo.....I am good to go. The hot peppers wife cannot handle.
I may have to adjust that recipe a bit and get some liquid Habenaro sauce for mine.
Thanks!

In Mexico, mayo is used on hot dogs(we/kids/especially my son LOVES mayo on his hot dog:) along with or without ketchup. Mustard is not used as much as it is here. Most of the Mexican food cafes around here also put a dollop of mayo or salad dressing on the little side salad you find on most plates. A dollop of mayo on some pinto beans is good stuff too. If you can find it, some of the major brands make a lime flavored mayo. good stuff. Also, if you have never tried a Mexican brand mayo............try one. Way different profile.

Lot to be said about the simplicity of a mayo and baloney sammich on some soft bread slices. Yes Sir!

It's got to be the number one condiment. A good, juicy, sloppy, Mexican Style burger will drip lots of mayo down your arm. Mayo is good chit! Pasta salads, tater salads (I prefer a strong mustard tater salad/go figure). Kinda like mustard, you either like it or you don't. I like fries with mayo or mustard, but not so much with ketchup. I'm all farked up!

Last edited:
I don't want to derail this awesome Picadillo/Mayo thread any longer. We got to talking bout hot dogs/mayo so look a thread in QT bout just that stuff.

A good picallo with some beans..........burrito style is stick to your ribs food.

In Mexico, mayo is used on hot dogs(we/kids/especially my son LOVES mayo on his hot dog:) along with or without ketchup. Mustard is not used as much as it is here. Most of the Mexican food cafes around here also put a dollop of mayo or salad dressing on the little side salad you find on most plates. A dollop of mayo on some pinto beans is good stuff too. If you can find it, some of the major brands make a lime flavored mayo. good stuff. Also, if you have never tried a Mexican brand mayo............try one. Way different profile.

Lot to be said about the simplicity of a mayo and baloney sammich on some soft bread slices. Yes Sir!

It's got to be the number one condiment. A good, juicy, sloppy, Mexican Style burger will drip lots of mayo down your arm. Mayo is good chit! Pasta salads, tater salads (I prefer a strong mustard tater salad/go figure). Kinda like mustard, you either like it or you don't. I like fries with mayo or mustard, but not so much with ketchup. I'm all farked up!

You right I never thought of how much mayo is used. Even the guy that sells corn on the street first puts mayo and then chesse and parkey butter and of course chili powder. My friend from the west coast of Mexico eats tostadas with mayo only to eat with shrimp cocktails.

I don't want to derail this awesome Picadillo/Mayo thread any longer. We got to talking bout hot dogs/mayo so look a thread in QT bout just that stuff.

A good picallo with some beans..........burrito style is stick to your ribs food.

It's all good Bob... Maybe its Cali,Arizona,new Mexico, Texas thing...where mayo is used more often. My wife travels to Ecru MS, and PA and North Carolina for bussiness and she tells me that when she ask for a carne asada plate she will get sometimes not all the times ground beef and bean and rice. Different states different taste and interpretations.

Back