Chicken with white sauce

Winged Wheel

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
white sauce has been becoming more and more popular. has anyone turned in chicken with white sauce in comps? how did it do?

I've not seen any white sauce while judging, but I'm not surprised, as teams are trying to NOT alienate any judge that might not like white sauce.

I'd like to see a white sauce sometime, but will be surprised when I do!

36 teams, 29th not liked up here....around here the vinegar base everyone loves however for comp that awarded me 38 out 69....back to a hint of red sauce and won it..

Way too regional, but I encourage you to try it at a few comps this year.

Yes. Please try it at a competition we are competing against you City Slickers! (one less team to worry about chicken) :twisted:

I like white sauce, and a judge "might", but when judges get something they are not expecting they freak out. They don't know what to score it so they give it a middle of the road score like a 7 or 8. You can't get in the top 10 with a bunch of 7's and 8's. It is also not worth a judge "hating" it and scoring you very low. It's not about what you like, it's about what is going to please the most people!

Eggspert

I know a guy who tried it around here a few years ago. He finished DAL. That type of sauce just does not do well up this way.

I make a terrific white sauce that has never failed to beat out Big Bob Gibson's bottled product in blind taste tests. Turned it in for grins one time in the ancillary sauce category at the contest in Canton, GA.

DAL.

Never did that again. ;)

Back